Oasis of the Seas - Specialty Dinner Recommendations

Erik101

We're planning on Oasis of the Seas next year and we're interested in the specialty restaurants. We're looking for recommendations from anyone who has been on Oasis or Allure. I've been on the Navigator and I've already tried Chops and Portofino's. While the food was excellent, we're interested in trying other things. The 150 Central Park and Chef's Table looks awesome but I'd like someone's opinion on if the extra charge is worth it. I've been on several multi-star restaurants that offer multi-course dinners with wine pairings and wondering if any of the restaurants on Oasis are similar. Thanks! :)

Went to 150 Central Park. Loved it. We consider ourselves foodies and thought it matched some of the trendy spots on land. Posted a video tour of the ship if you can't wait for your cruise, gonna give you a nice idea of it. Follow the link in my signature.

If you like "trendy food", go 150 CP, dining experience with a chef and somalier, full wine pairing and don't mind sharing a table with 10 strangers (and an autographed cook book as a gift) then do the Chefs Table, but do give Goivannis a try, great Italian food and as much as you can eat.

Chops was so-so, Giovannis was excellent. 150 was great and didn't do the chefs table. The Solarium was wonderful and Johnny Rockets was great for breakfast. We tried to stay away from the WJ due to crowding concerns but found them not to be an issue and the food was good. Have a great cruise!!!

We just got off Oasis yesterday and tried Giovanni's (AWESOME) and Izumi (EXCELLENT). I'd give them both a serious look. The only thing we didn't love was the Hot Rock - the meat wasn't seasoned and although tender, a little bland. The sushi rolls were excellent!

Had the filet at Giovanni's and sampled 2 pastas - both were awesome!

We planned on trying several of the specialty restaurants on our Oasis cruise last year and we went to Izumi the first night, and then the MDR the second night. After dinner in the MDR we cancelled our other reservations because we were so impressed. I wouldn't be opposed to going to a specialty restaurant in the future, but I think I would really need to be craving something other than MDR fare to make it worthwhile to me, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be worth every penny to you. I hope you'll love whatever you choose!

Archived