Oasis - October 15-22 - Mini-Review

masonpips

We've bought photos on disc before (not on Oasis, but its the same) and my husband was able to open them with photo software (photoshop, explorer) and print them on our own printer. Or you could take the whole dics to a photo processer (Walmart) Also you can use the photos on FB, or on a photo website that creates photo cards or calendars. It's just like they came off your own memory card. Thats' why its $$, it's like getting the copyrights to those photos.

Agree! It was awesome to come home, upload to iPhoto and then set up a facebook album and upload in SECONDS to share w/family/friends. I will be going online to order Christmas cards and prints to give away to grandparents and the like. You have total control of images and they include a .pdf photo release on the CD just in case anyone gives you any grief

Masonpips - How was the Westin Beach Resort? How far from the airport, how far to the port, how much was the taxi?

What's in walking distance (restaurants, shops, drug stores)? Best room...any and all info would be appreciated...we are staying there pre and post cruise in December.

On the Oasis do they still serve free drinks during the Captains Party? Also what day and time is the Return guest party? Are they still serving free drinks then?

Thank you!

Yes at Captain's party (formal night) and yes at repeat cruiser party (both at the helipad leaving Labadee and at the one in the theater). I think the theater one was Tues - Falmouth day

Masonpips - How was the Westin Beach Resort? How far from the airport, how far to the port, how much was the taxi?

What's in walking distance (restaurants, shops, drug stores)? Best room...any and all info would be appreciated...we are staying there pre and post cruise in December.

We really liked it! It was $23 from airport (before tip) and then about $12 to port. Within easy walking distance is Lulu's Bait Shack (they have a website, outdoor seating w/good weather, monster drinks, etc.) and CVS is underneath. Perfect! There was also a Hooter's and a few random shops there. Going north there isn't much retail wise, I ran the next morning and headed that way and saw very little but condos for about 1.5 miles.

We got a partial ocean view upgrade (?) which was on the side of the hotel. The room (2 beds) was nice and the bathrooms at Westins are always nice IMO. This one has an odd "slatted" shutter window to the bedroom so it isn't 100% private (noise wise) but it didn't bother us. There is a North/South tower - they are connected on the 2nd (or 3rd?) level by a bridge across the street. Starbucks in the South tower lobby area and the gym is there (it was nice, I did a few weights after my run and there were lots of towels and cold water from a dispenser).

We really liked it! It was $23 from airport (before tip) and then about $12 to port. Within easy walking distance is Lulu's Bait Shack (they have a website, outdoor seating w/good weather, monster drinks, etc.) and CVS is underneath. Perfect! There was also a Hooter's and a few random shops there. Going north there isn't much retail wise, I ran the next morning and headed that way and saw very little but condos for about 1.5 miles.

We got a partial ocean view upgrade (?) which was on the side of the hotel. The room (2 beds) was nice and the bathrooms at Westins are always nice IMO. This one has an odd "slatted" shutter window to the bedroom so it isn't 100% private (noise wise) but it didn't bother us. There is a North/South tower - they are connected on the 2nd (or 3rd?) level by a bridge across the street. Starbucks in the South tower lobby area and the gym is there (it was nice, I did a few weights after my run and there were lots of towels and cold water from a dispenser).

Thank you so much for the information.....

Is there a sail-away for Diamond/Diamond+ also? or is it for all repeat passengers?

I don't know if the Labadee sailaway was for Diamond and higher or not. I want to say so because there were not that many people out there and when we went to the regular "return guest thing" the numbers of Diamond were 212 or something like that. So I doubt they could fit Gold, Emerald and Platinum in addition to Diamond, + and Pinnacle on the helipad? We just saw it on our TV as a "message" and I had read here it was something that not everyone got to do

• 3 weeks later...
The times vary but yes, most times for at least awhile. I remember one of the port days FloRider was open 8-11 a.m. and then 4-7 p.m. - I think this was Cozumel where we were there from 8:30 - 6:30. Lines were definitely shorter those days!

I am glad to see that staying on board worked for you. That is my plans for January. I have already been to Cozumel several times and there is nothing I really need to do there. I figured it would be a great time to stay on board and get more experience of the Oasis. I will probably do the same in Falmouth.

I do hope that they continue to keep things open while in port.

Archived