Trying out inside Cabin on Dawn Princess- Melbourne, Burnie, Hobart, Sydney 26/04/13

I found I slept better in the inside cabin over the outside cabin we had. We used the tv trick so we could check the weather and it was nice to have a view outside even in the day.

The cost is also a huge factor. We looked at the 19 night Diamond Princess cruise Singapore to Sydney and we realised for the price we would pay for the balcony we could do the b2b in an inside 32 nights ending in Auckland and it's a Christmas cruise as a bonus. All our families are in NZ so we are able to do a land stay as well. No-brainer for us.

We did book a cabin with easy access to an outside balcony area so if we want fresh air it's close by. So in summary my balcony on this trip is Aft on the Diamond Princess and you're all invited. :p

This all may change after our Solstice cruise as we will have our first balcony and thanks to CC we have booked one of the larger ones so we may come back spoilt. It was such a good price though. The price difference from inside to balcony is so much larger in oz and nz compared to the States so I guess it will depend where the cruise and ship is based.

Silverwillow (Willow is my Weimaraner)

I found I slept better in the inside cabin over the outside cabin we had. We used the tv trick so we could check the weather and it was nice to have a view outside even in the day.

The cost is also a huge factor. We looked at the 19 night Diamond Princess cruise Singapore to Sydney and we realised for the price we would pay for the balcony we could do the b2b in an inside 32 nights ending in Auckland and it's a Christmas cruise as a bonus. All our families are in NZ so we are able to do a land stay as well. No-brainer for us.

We did book a cabin with easy access to an outside balcony area so if we want fresh air it's close by. So in summary my balcony on this trip is Aft on the Diamond Princess and you're all invited. :p

This all may change after our Solstice cruise as we will have our first balcony and thanks to CC we have booked one of the larger ones so we may come back spoilt. It was such a good price though. The price difference from inside to balcony is so much larger in oz and nz compared to the States so I guess it will depend where the cruise and ship is based.

Silverwillow (Willow is my Weimaraner)

Too True- A balcony on Carnival USA is cheaper than inside and outside cabins on Australasian cruises.

Just an add-on re the insides. We coped well the first time we went 'indoors'. The savings made it even sweeter. On our upcoming Dawn Princess Hawaii - Tahiti cruise the balcony cabins are close to double the price of the insides. Obviously it's the perfect itinerary for a balcony, but that's a bit too rich.

Archived