RTW Sectors

besberry

My first P&O cruise will be Aurora's circumnavigation in 2013. I know that there are sectors involved but I don't know how many or what they are. I read on another board, about not booking excursions too soon in the cruise, as that way, when you reach the various levels in the Portunus Club, you start to get the relevant discounts. Does this mean I'll be told after x days that I'm now on the next level. I'm guessing that it's the number of days that are important rather than sectors. :confused:

The new Peninsular club will be in operation then.

The first tier is Pacific, which is reached after 15 nights and gives you 5% discount on your next cruise ( or sector).

The next tier is Atlantic which is reached after 50 nights and gives 7.5% discount.

The next tier is Mediterranean which is reached after 100 nights and gives 8.5%

The full details are here

http://www.pocruises.com/en/Cruise-Experience/newLoyalty/Peninsular-Club/Peninsular-Club-Introduction/

Excursions will be charged to your account when booked so it would pay to leave the booking until the next tier is reached.

Note that you dont get the benefit when you pass the required number of nights. You only get it on the next cruise or sector.

Shore excursions do benefit from the discount.

If you have any on board credit you dont get any discount until the OBC has been used up.

Brian

Brian

To see the sectors I would look on the web site or brochure they are where people fly out to join a cruise ship.. often UK to USA.. USA to Austrilia.. Australia to HK or Singapore... SIngapore to Mumbia or Cape Town.

You can wait and book on board once you have passed a sector unless the tour is limited numbers then you could find it sold out. But by waiting you will qualify for discount. You have to deside if you really want to do a tour and dont want it to be sold out then book before you go. Some smaller ports only have a few coachs and tours sell out quickly.

My first P&O cruise will be Aurora's circumnavigation in 2013. I know that there are sectors involved but I don't know how many or what they are. I read on another board, about not booking excursions too soon in the cruise, as that way, when you reach the various levels in the Portunus Club, you start to get the relevant discounts. Does this mean I'll be told after x days that I'm now on the next level. I'm guessing that it's the number of days that are important rather than sectors. :confused:

Sorry to go off topic but I'm wondering why you picked P&O for such a long cruise if you have never sailed with them before? I am planning an around the world cruise for 2014 or 2015 and am having a difficult time deciding which company with which to sail.

Sorry to go off topic but I'm wondering why you picked P&O for such a long cruise if you have never sailed with them before? I am planning an around the world cruise for 2014 or 2015 and am having a difficult time deciding which company with which to sail.

The reasons were many and varied, but the major ones were itinerary and price. I've only been on two cruises. One was way back in the 70's with my mates, round the Black Sea, and cost us about £66, which took all year to save up for :eek:, the second one was in September, just to make sure I liked cruising.

I wanted to do an full circumnavigation from Southampton. When the itineraries were published there were only four in 2013. Queen Victoria, Aurora, Saga Ruby and Balmoral. Saga is very expensive (I'm travelling solo, so none are cheap). I compared the itineraries and ship size etc. Although I'd like to go to places like Easter Island which some do, I came down to the Aurora itinerary. On some of the other itineraries, I'd been to over half of the ports of call and really wanted to visit new ones. So a variety of reasons, but mainly price and itinerary. Sorry this is a bit of a ramble :o But I hope it helps. If you want to email I'm on mickberry@gmail.com

Archived