Princess Cruise with a 4 year old

CaribbeanH2OLover

Has anyone sailed on Princess with a young child? How was the Pelican Kids Club? I can't seem to find much info on it. Will it keep my child entertained? We sailed the new Disney Dream and believe it or not she did not want to be left alone in the kids area. :confused: We had to stay with her. I think there was just too much stimulation and there were kids everywhere. She is very shy around strangers and I think it kind of intimidated her. I'm thinking Princess will have less kids in the beginning of November and less chaos and may be a better fit for her.

We sail on the Ruby in two weeks! Please share your experience with Princess. :)

My grandkids love the Princess program. As a matter of fact, my 6 YO grandson pointed out to me the other day that it had been 18 months (he was actually pretty accurate on that date too) since our last cruise and when were we going again. He's been on 5 cruises - all Princess. My 4 YO DGD has been on 2 and my 3 YO DGD has been on 1. I can assure you that my DGS loved the program. Our Australia cruise there were few children and they gave excellent one on one interaction. He brought home an art project of the galaxy. The last cruise in the Caribbean, he couldn't wait to get to the club.

I took ds6 on a b2b to Alaska this summer in August. Even though it was school break, there were not many kids on board - about 10-15 in his age group on both cruises. He had a ball. The program was much more subdued and the kids got much more individual attention than on our DCL cruise.

We cruised Princess in August, and my children had a fantastic time. Both my daughter and son loved going to the kids club. They had a great schedule of activities that you were given ahead of time, so we were able to plan when the kids wanted to be there and when they didn't. Here are pictures of the Pelicans area from the Sapphire (I do want to mention that the only reason I was allowed to take these pics is because only my children were in there at the time.)

DSCN1961.jpg

DSCN1960.jpg

DSCN1959.jpg

Archived