Which cruise line is best?

Synchkat

We are trying to plan a vacation with some friends. We have a 3 year old son and they have a 4 year old daughter. We have cruised a few times previously; this would be their first cruise.

The question is should we go with Disney or Royal Caribbean? We have been on a short Disney cruise and liked it. Never been on Royal Caribbean.

If we went with Disney we'd most likely do a Mexican Riviera cruise (they have a special right now). Royal Caribbean we'd go to the Caribbean.

Any suggestions? I'd go to the individual boards but I'm sure the Disney board would say go with them and the RCI board would sing its praises. :)

Disney certainly offers the best cruise for children.

I think RCI is a good choice for families whose kids are older because of some of the activities they offer on ships such as rock climbing.

In terms of kids clubs, while it is no Disney, Princess does a very nice job.

Keith

I think for a mid range price cruise ship I'd go with Royal Caribbean. A good choice for the average first-time cruiser because its ships have a middle-of-the-road mix of passengers in terms of age, education, culture interests, and bank accounts. Food is not gourmet, but neither is it lackluster.

Archived