The dreaded price drop after final happy story.

bajathree

Since most price drop after final stories are:eek:....I wanted to post one that would set most off:mad: but in the end turns :)

I booked my E2 Liberty 11/17 for $489/pp a few weeks before final....they had a FL resident discount rate that I was happy with and found a center hump cabin available. I had checked what inventory looked like and didn't see tons of cabins available...actually my E2 was 1 of only about 3 showing. So I make final and about a week after I check inventory and find tons and tons of D1's and D2's that weren't there just prior to final....thought OH GREAT here we go :rolleyes: So sure enough the sailing goes to a Tuesday Sale and D1's and D2's drop down to $399/pp...and we all know you can't upgrade to a higher cabin when it's a special.....but I was happy with what I had paid and had great cabin location....so no biggie....I know the game....still a happy sailor:) Then just this Tues they run another sale....this time however it's on D2's and D3's, and they are now $479/pp....still can't upgrade though and wouldn't want to anyways as I have a fantastic cabin location. Well I check things out again today and low and behold....Cat W Suite Guar pops up for $549/pp with NO SPECIAL sale pricing......which meant UPGRADE:D...I was happy to pay the extra $60/pp ($15/day) and take the suite Guar. So if you see a price drop after final....don't go crazy, even if you see a lower price and you aren't able to upgrade....hang in there...play the game...don't get bummed and maybe things will turn out for the best....at least Royal was good enough to throw an unrestricted rate out for a W Suite Guar and not take them right to a Tues Sale.

Nice..... congrats on the good fortune. ;) And there is also the possibility of a GS rather than just JS if there are extra cabins going upbooked. Will keep fingers crossed.

That's what happened to us on the Voyager. We were able to get a GS, up from our D2 balcony, at a very reasonable cost. I was a happy camper for sure!

That's what happened to us on the Voyager. We were able to get a GS, up from our D2 balcony, at a very reasonable cost. I was a happy camper for sure!

Us too - on Radience last Dec. Booked a Suite Guarantee and were assigned a GS. And then upgraded after boarding to Family Suite. However, in that case, I wouldn't really consider it an upgrade for 2 people. I like the large open space of the GS more than the 3 small rooms of the Family Suite. Although 2 bathrooms nice for both people getting dressed for dinner at the same time. But would decline the Family Suite in favor of GS in the future.

I really wanna upgrademfrom an interior to a balcony and planned to wait untill after I make final payment. So if something comes along I will not be able to do it? I know if they do specials after I have purchased I do not qualify but I am confused.

Great lesson, thanks;)

Would be interested in what you end up with. Let us know when you get the assigment...

No assignment yet...I will update when I get it.

Congrats! But does this mean location is no longer important because the room itself is so much better?

To be able to go from a balcony to a JS or better for $15/pp/day guaranties a minimum of 1 1/2 X the space and depending if any cabins are left in that category when you get the assignment...you are still able to switch cabins as long as you stay in the same category.

Congratulations Steve, I'm glad to hear it all worked out well for you. :p

I really like those prices after final payment (but you already knew that). Have a super cruise!

;)

I know you do....THANKS:)

I really wanna upgrademfrom an interior to a balcony and planned to wait untill after I make final payment. So if something comes along I will not be able to do it? I know if they do specials after I have purchased I do not qualify but I am confused.

You can do it as long as the promotion isn't for "new bookings only" which the Tuesday specials are.

Gina

I'm dreading watching the after final payment (possible) drops. It's not in my nature to book that close, with flights to deal with to San Juan this time. And I got a great deal on flights that I haven't seen that low in a while, $89/$109 direct from Tampa. But I have a feeling the cabins may drop lower than the savings I got by booking flights and the cruise earlier. And no way will I book flights and no cruise, LOL. Talk about anxiety.

Fingers crossed.

I'm dreading watching the after final payment (possible) drops. It's not in my nature to book that close, with flights to deal with to San Juan this time. And I got a great deal on flights that I haven't seen that low in a while, $89/$109 direct from Tampa. But I have a feeling the cabins may drop lower than the savings I got by booking flights and the cruise earlier. And no way will I book flights and no cruise, LOL. Talk about anxiety.

Fingers crossed.

I figure that our cruise price will drop when we are on the Allure. I had asked if that happens if the loyalty ambassador onboard can handle changing an exsisting reservation and have gotten mixed answers. I say that I am going to wait and books after final payment but even though we live in Florida that is not in my nature either. :rolleyes:

I figure that our cruise price will drop when we are on the Allure. I had asked if that happens if the loyalty ambassador onboard can handle changing an exsisting reservation and have gotten mixed answers. I say that I am going to wait and books after final payment but even though we live in Florida that is not in my nature either. :rolleyes:

I would think if they couldn't handle it onboard, they could contact someone in Miami to change it for you.

You guys want to hear something funny/weird....next weeks Tuesday sale list came out today...and once again this sailing is on it....so for next week they have a balcony Cat X balcony guar on it for $429/pp.....well the part that is funny....a Cat X "TODAY" on Royal's site after they released the Tues Sales list for next week dropped down to $399....so todays price is LESS than what next Tuesday's Sales price is going to be....I have seen this happen before.

Congratulations! I check all the time and no price change for our next cruise. I don't know how it all works either so any tips on here help. If I see a price drop I will just phone them and ask.

That's it. You can always upgrade at whatever today's price is. People often wait until after final payment when sometimes prices go down, and then take advantage of the difference in what they are paying and the new lower price to buy themselves an upgrade for less.

What happens if there are no balconies available after final payment? Sometimes ships sell out, you know. Will you hate your interior cabin? Best rule of thumb is to book the best cabin you can afford, that you know you will be happy with. If an interior is it, then tell yourself all the advantages of being in an inside room: good sleep because it's totally dark; great price & you still get all the same ports, entertainment and food as those paying double and triple what you are paying; what you saved on cabin cost will now pay your airfare, hotel and/or your excursions etc.

I've been in the lowest inside to a mini suite and have loved cruising in any of them. Be happy.

Archived