Does anyone have pics of kids on formal night?

BlessedBeingMom

Just trying to figure out how to dress the kids for formal night. I'd love to see any pics of people's kids in their formal attire. :)

My kids are very well-behaved if anyone is concerned about that. ;)

076-1.jpg

This is how we went on the Splendor on formal night!!;)

The picture in my signature is of my granddaughter on formal night. This was on the Conquest. Men were coming up to us and asking to have their picture taken with her. She thought she was a princess.

Sewut

http://travelingnuts.com/2011cruise/images/DSCN0286.JPG

http://travelingnuts.com/2011cruise/images/jadaformalnight.jpg

I didnt take any photos of the family that looked like they came from the pool. Mom wearing her terry cover up complete with hood and the kids hair was soaked and slicked down. I thought it would be rude.

formal nights make awesome family portraits.

second formal night is not as fancy as the first one

http://travelingnuts.com/2011cruise/images/DSCN0605.JPG

Had the pleasure of meeting this family last year on the EOS. Now consider them to be personal friends and keep in touch and visiting each other.

Meet the Porsche family from Lancaster, PA

Jenn made the matching dresses and I believe Eric's Tux! :D

1318081676_PorscheFamily.jpg.404724bdedfb50d314d58378000fd540.jpg

1388461908_PorscheFamily2.jpg.8667b9737ee347c53af7bcf3d5513d70.jpg

I will always believe that children love to dress up, especially little girls. It is fun, and as another poster stated, they feel like a princess. If your children are old enough, ask them their opinion. They may just tell you that they want to dress up. If they are too young, dress them up. The photos are a keepsake. You will hear all sides of the coin, but follow your own plans. I personally want my family to look sharp on elegant night. Many people dress up, so don't get discouraged by what you may read here. Everybody loves seeing the children all dressed up and taking pictures. It is too cute. Have fun, and enjoy the fun of the evening.

I do not have any pictures, but I will tell you that while I can get my daughter to dress like she is going to a royal ball, my son will wear a polo shirt and either khaki pants or very nice khaki shorts. He has never looked out of place. We do not do photos that night because we prefer a more casual look for family photos.

There is a wide range of dress on formal night, and while some will tell you it is a travesty to not dress in a tux or ballgown, most can get away with "nice anniversary restaurant" wear.

Our 7 and 9 yr old grandkids on cruise elegant evening. They were thrilled to "dress up" and were proud of the way they looked. They "strutted" their stuff all evening!

All the kids (adults too) in the pics posted look great. So nice to see them.

scan00021.jpg

Sorry but you are incorrect. NO shorts in the MDR on cruise elegant night. From CCL website.

I did not say they were allowed on elegant night nor did I say they were allowed everynight.

I stated """ Shorts are now allowed almost every night now""

I commend you for consulting the website for the most accurate information and apoligize if my posting was vague or misleading as that was not my intent.

I did not say they were allowed on elegant night nor did I say they were allowed everynight.

I stated """ Shorts are now allowed almost every night now""

I commend you for consulting the website for the most accurate information and apoligize if my posting was vague or misleading as that was not my intent.

Sorry, I saw that after I hit post and I did edit my post to correct it. Yes, shorts are allowed on cruise casual nights as long as they meet the criteria. But, I have not ever seen anyone turned away from the dining room when not dressed properly except for one time. A couple tried to enter the dining room for breakfast and they had on the Carnival robes. :( :confused: They got really upset when they were not allowed into the MDR.

Sorry, I saw that after I hit post and I did edit my post to correct it. Yes, shorts are allowed on cruise casual nights as long as they meet the criteria. But, I have not ever seen anyone turned away from the dining room when not dressed properly except for one time. A couple tried to enter the dining room for breakfast and they had on the Carnival robes. :( :confused: They got really upset when they were not allowed into the MDR.

No problem!:)

Archived