half moon cay cabanas

dennis36nc

We were given a priority tender pass with our cabana rental and were on the first tender out! Painless to say the least. Also with the cabana rental you get to take the last tender off at 4pm so we didn’t have to wait in line then either. We loved the cabana! It came with 12 cans of soda pop and 4 waters, there was fresh fruit basket and flowers on the table, in the refrigerator (in the cupboard – lots of space to store personal stuff in too) was sliced fruit plate, olives, veggies & dip plate, salsa, avocado dip and chips, 2 lounge chairs with mist’ers, fresh water shower on deck, We had mats and snorkel gear for 4. We had 6 washcloths in ice cold water with ice packed on top, for our faces or body to cool down with. Our cabana guy was always making sure we had everything we needed or wanted, he brought us extra towels too. We felt it was well worth the money, what a day of being spoiled in Paradise!

We were given a priority tender pass with our cabana rental and were on the first tender out! Painless to say the least. Also with the cabana rental you get to take the last tender off at 4pm so we didn’t have to wait in line then either. We loved the cabana! It came with 12 cans of soda pop and 4 waters, there was fresh fruit basket and flowers on the table, in the refrigerator (in the cupboard – lots of space to store personal stuff in too) was sliced fruit plate, olives, veggies & dip plate, salsa, avocado dip and chips, 2 lounge chairs with mist’ers, fresh water shower on deck, We had mats and snorkel gear for 4. We had 6 washcloths in ice cold water with ice packed on top, for our faces or body to cool down with. Our cabana guy was always making sure we had everything we needed or wanted, he brought us extra towels too. We felt it was well worth the money, what a day of being spoiled in Paradise!

Which cabana would you recommend? I have a mobility disability which prevents me from walking too far. It would be great if we were near where the tenders let you off and also if we were near the washrooms.

It does sound like heaven...I can't wait to book ours.

Toni :D

They also have a jeep/truck transport to take you to any cabana. It leaves from the area near the information booth - just go there and check in to your cabana and ask for transport... When ready to leave, ask the cabana boy to get transport for you. Also, the Food and Beverage manager or assistant will come by a couple times to check on things. I had 2 cabanas in Feb (turquoise and the one next to it) with butlers and it was fabulous - got a 5-course lunch with lobster sandwiches, filet mignon, BBQ shrimp & chicken, fruist skewers, chocolate cake, unlimited bar. Enjoy :D

The first 3, taupe (tan) Blue, and turquoise are best for Handicaped :)

We'll try for one of those.

Thanks everyone for all your help.

Toni ;0

We'll try for one of those.

Thanks everyone for all your help.

Toni ;0

Also do what Phil said, "They also have a jeep/truck transport to take you to any cabana. It leaves from the area near the information booth - just go there and check in to your cabana and ask for transport... When ready to leave, ask the cabana boy to get transport for you.":)

thanks for the help. any color preferences?
They really are all the same but color, so it's just a matter of which color you like or which one is available when you reserve one :) MY favorite it Turquoise :)

Ziggy,

All that lovely pampering sounds great. I have the Turquiose for July 31st! :D Can hardly wait! I do have a question though. Did you find the area ariound the Turquise cabana heaviely congested? I don't want isolation, butdon't feel like being surrounded by multitudes of people. There's only the Zuiderdam at HMC that day.

Ziggy,

All that lovely pampering sounds great. I have the Turquiose for July 31st! :D Can hardly wait! I do have a question though. Did you find the area ariound the Turquise cabana heaviely congested? I don't want isolation, butdon't feel like being surrounded by multitudes of people. There's only the Zuiderdam at HMC that day.

No, we were the only ship in port and most were down close to tender area. It is a good ways away from there, we walked but wish we hadnt hehehehe but its close to the food and bathroom :) If pax crowd the front pathway to your cabana (there are only immaginary lines) ask your cabana boy to have them move, but for us it wasn't a problem.

Enjoy! I know we did! :)

Cabanas rent for $219 per day for four persons with charge of $45 for each additional person. What does extra $45 get you?

We have ten in our party plus one 2-year old. I basically booked the cabana for my wife and sister-in-law who cannot take much sun and to have a place for the baby to take a nap. We also intend to book 2 or 3 clamshells for the rest of our party. Will the "Cabana Police" give us a hard time if more than 4 people are in the cabana for a short period of time? Do we have to talk to each other using sign language?

No, there is no cabana police :) We had some friends show up and there were about 10 of us hanging out on the cabana, no one ever said a word. The cost is for food and drinks, your cabana boys will not run to the bar for your visitors (anyone not paid for) You will also only get floating mats and snorkel gear for those who are paid for, but you can share them, there are also clamshells in front off to the sides of the cabanas. Hope this helps :)

We had five adults and three kids using the cabana, and it was a tight squeeze. Also, when we were there the purple one was made of plastic tarp.

Incidentally, I had read posts to run right to the desk to book a cabana on embarkation day. When I tried to do this, we were told that to be fair, the notices about cabanas would be delivered on Monday or Tuesday evening, and then it would be first come, first served. BUT, they would write down that I was interested, and wink wink hold one for me as long as I got there PRONTO. I think the method of booking cabanas is up to each shore excursion desk.

We had five adults and three kids using the cabana, and it was a tight squeeze. Also, when we were there the purple one was made of plastic tarp.

Incidentally, I had read posts to run right to the desk to book a cabana on embarkation day. When I tried to do this, we were told that to be fair, the notices about cabanas would be delivered on Monday or Tuesday evening, and then it would be first come, first served. BUT, they would write down that I was interested, and wink wink hold one for me as long as I got there PRONTO. I think the method of booking cabanas is up to each shore excursion desk.

I booked Cabana on-line using credit card.

No, there is no cabana police :) We had some friends show up and there were about 10 of us hanging out on the cabana, no one ever said a word. The cost is for food and drinks, your cabana boys will not run to the bar for your visitors (anyone not paid for) You will also only get floating mats and snorkel gear for those who are paid for, but you can share them, there are also clamshells in front off to the sides of the cabanas. Hope this helps :)

We are not big drinkers, but I would expect that Cabana boys work for tips and would be happy to run to the bar for anyone!

Any way to get a map of where the cabanas are located? I wanted one away from the congestion.

There is one in my cruise photos link in my signature below in HMC & Cabanas :) The terra cotta one is at the very far end of the beach, its their newest addition :)

Any way to get a map of where the cabanas are located? I wanted one away from the congestion.

When I booked the pink one just last week, the only one that was taken was the green one, so if you're lucky you might just get something down at the end of the beach where I am (terracotta, yellow, or purple). :)

I know that if you have a cabana booked and HMC is cancelled due to the weather, you will receive a refund. However, what if you are on the island sitting in your cabana and after an hour or two the weather turns bad. Everyone is then told to return to the ship. Is there any compensation given for a "partial rental"?

Thanks for your help

Toni :)

Archived