Star in Tampa - W. Caribbean dailies?

rajones007

Okay, I feel somebody has to start a new thread, and it might as well be me.

Can somebody PLEASE post any Dailies you have from your Western Caribbean cruise on the Star out of Tampa?

There have been quite a few posts asking for them already, but they're buried within other threads. A few people have came back from the cruise and said they have them, and once again they're buried within other threads. And nobody has actually come back and posted them.

I'm sure I speak for many others when I say : Please. I know it can be a lot of work for those who aren't very computer savvy, but your efforts are not in vain. Soooooooo many others enjoy them and appreciate them so very much. Please post them for others to see. Thank you!

Also...A special note for any mods/administrators who might be reading this: You would think by now CC would have a forum or other area with each cruiselines daily newsletters already posted. Matter of fact, you'd think CC would have a source from each cruiseline to actually get them and post them without any of us having to beg for them. Maybe not every newsletter from every cruise, but a new set every month or so would be very helpful and informative. I'm certain I'm not the only one who would like to see something like that. Everybody asks (begs) for the daily newsletters, on every cruiseline, and for every itiniery. So I don't understand why it hasn't be implemented already.

One thing that a lot of people don't realize: The Freestyle Dailys change. They change from ship to ship, itinerary to itinerary, and sailing to sailing.

IOW...If you looked at the Dailys for a ship from this week, they are going to be different for the next week. This is done as a way to keep the crew onboard from fallling into a routine...from getting "into a rut" where boredom may set in and service would suffer.

The reality of this is that you can look at ANY of the NCL Freestyle Dailys that are posted and they can give you an idea of the various types of activities that you might encounter on a given day. However, I would not recommend using them for planning purposes because of the very real likelyhood of change.

One thing that a lot of people don't realize: The Freestyle Dailys change. They change from ship to ship, itinerary to itinerary, and sailing to sailing.

IOW...If you looked at the Dailys for a ship from this week, they are going to be different for the next week. This is done as a way to keep the crew onboard from fallling into a routine...from getting "into a rut" where boredom may set in and service would suffer.

The reality of this is that you can look at ANY of the NCL Freestyle Dailys that are posted and they can give you an idea of the various types of activities that you might encounter on a given day. However, I would not recommend using them for planning purposes because of the very real likelyhood of change.

Oh, I totally realize that.

It just gives the upcoming cruisers an idea of what to expect. That's all. No more, no less.

Oh, I totally realize that.

It just gives the upcoming cruisers an idea of what to expect. That's all. No more, no less.

Yes...but my point is that ANY of the Freestyle Dailys already out there will give upcoming cruisers an idea of what to expect.

There really is no point to having "recent" Dailys from a specific ship sailing on a specific itinerary...there is PLENTY out there to give people an idea of what to expect. There is really no benefit to having people post dailys over and over and over again.

So I'm hoping that this request does not get buried again!!:)

I, too, would LOVE to see the dallies on this itinerary, including the kid camp info!!

So please, for all us OCD people, please post some dallies! Thanks so much!:D

Thanks. I've tried to keep a couple of Star Dailies request threads alive, but they keep getting buried. Hopefully, someone will see this one. And great idea for CC to have a separate forum for each cruise line to post their Dailies on.

I would like to see a recent review with pics with dailies or am I getting too gimmie gimmie gimmie?

We have less than 100 days to go until we are on the Star and I can't wait! It should go fast because the holidays and all that craziness is like pushing fast forward.

Any info would be appreciated. We are in 10696 BB catagory cabin.

#86 report.gif

post_old.gif Today, 09:23 AM

greenfieldwi user_online.gif

Cool Cruiser

icon1.gifDailies for Star Western Caribbean

I know some folks are curious as to the dailies printed onboard, so here are links to the dailies from the first Tampa itinerary of the season. I apologize that I never received a copy of the first day's sheet, but here are the rest of them, plus disembarkation info:

Sun Oct 16 - Sun Oct 23, 2011:

Monday - at sea

Tuesday - Roatan

Wednesday - Belize City

Thursday - Costa Maya

Friday - Cozumel

Saturday - at sea

Disembarkation info

All of the above in one PDF (~4 MB)

2001 - Celebrity Century

2007 - Carnival Inspiration

2009 - Emerald Princess

2010 - Carnival Sensation

2011 - Norwegian Star

2012 - Norwegian Epic

#86 report.gif

Cool Cruiser

I know some folks are curious as to the dailies printed onboard, so here are links to the dailies from the first Tampa itinerary of the season. I apologize that I never received a copy of the first day's sheet, but here are the rest of them, plus disembarkation info:

Monday - at sea

Tuesday - Roatan

Wednesday - Belize City

Thursday - Costa Maya

Friday - Cozumel

Saturday - at sea

Disembarkation info

2001 - Celebrity Century

2009 - Emerald Princess

2011 - Norwegian Star

2012 - Norwegian Epic

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!:)

I see that you are sailing the Star on January 13th as are we. Are you also booked through Sunwing and boarding the ship in Cozumel?

Wonder how many of us there are.

Ellen

Nope, we're Nov 13. Not quite 2 weeks away.

I didn't know they could pick up passengers along the way in Cozumel. That's news to me.

Of course, didn't read that carefully - Just saw the 13th and that you are from Ontario and jumped to conclusions.

Yes, Sunwing has blocked a certain number of cabins (no idea how many) and we fly into Cozumel and board there. So, we have a Sea Day, Tampa, Sea Day, Roatan, Belize, Costa Maya and then disembark in Cozumel. Don't know how many sailing they have but do know that we had the choice of January 8, 13 or 20. Certainly could be more.

Enjoy your cruise and hope to see your review.

Ellen

#86 report.gif

Cool Cruiser

Monday - at sea

Tuesday - Roatan

Wednesday - Belize City

Thursday - Costa Maya

Friday - Cozumel

Saturday - at sea

Disembarkation info

2001 - Celebrity Century

2009 - Emerald Princess

2011 - Norwegian Star

2012 - Norwegian Epic

Thank you sooo much! I know its a lot of work to scan all those pages and we REALLY appreciate it! Now we can really do some preliminary planning! :)

These Dailies show the Blue Lagoon on Deck 8, Mid. The NCL site shows they are there as well, however many sites that show an apparent "revised" deck plan shows the Blue Lagoon on Deck 7.

Could someone please clarify and tell me where it actually is?

Thanks so much,

• 1 month later...

Archived