RCL & Celebrity ?

sandian

Hi All

Love RCL and am a member of the C&A club, but looking for a cruise in the Caribbean for Feb 2013.

RCL dont have any I fancy but Celebrity has a great Itinery 14nts with some great islands we have not visited yet.

My ? is will we be able to add these nts on to our RCL C&A points or will they be lost. We have 29 days at the moment and I would love to go up to the next level but fear that our 14nts will not be added on. Am I correct?

Thanks for any help with this.

Unfortunately, you can't apply nights on Celebrity to your C&A account or the reverse. Nights are accumulated separately in each program.

Status match only begins once you've reached Platinum with Royal.

Does this mean if your at Platinum level the points will count?

Ok so... I was looking at the X site, and it seems to me that you max out on Captains Club status after 10 cruises...:confused: If this is the case how does the new C&A points status get transferred into Captains Club??? Here's my example I have 52 C&A points atm (7 cruise credits) and will have 57 after my 5 day Jewel Sailing, or it could be 59 cause I have no clue how the new point system works...:p But will that give me 8 total cruise credits towards X's Captains Club???

Ok so... I was looking at the X site, and it seems to me that you max out on Captains Club status after 10 cruises...:confused: If this is the case how does the new C&A points status get transferred into Captains Club??? Here's my example I have 52 C&A points atm (7 cruise credits) and will have 57 after my 5 day Jewel Sailing, or it could be 59 cause I have no clue how the new point system works...:p But will that give me 8 total cruise credits towards X's Captains Club???

If you have never cruised Celebrity your cruise credits with Captains Club are zero, no matter what.

They recognize their respective status level, but you are not getting any points with them.

Platinum will be Select and Diamond will be Elite on Captains Club, but no points are given.

For example I did a Celebrity cruise some years ago, being Siamond and I was enrolled in Captains Club as Elite member, but at zero points.

In my case it didn´t matter as that´s already their highest level, but let´s say you are Platinum and get Select over there. If you start cruising on X from there you will need to earn the points from zero to the Elite level, not just the difference between Select and Elite.

If you have never cruised Celebrity your cruise credits with Captains Club are zero, no matter what.

They recognize their respective status level, but you are not getting any points with them.

Platinum will be Select and Diamond will be Elite on Captains Club, but no points are given.

For example I did a Celebrity cruise some years ago, being Siamond and I was enrolled in Captains Club as Elite member, but at zero points.

In my case it didn´t matter as that´s already their highest level, but let´s say you are Platinum and get Select over there. If you start cruising on X from there you will need to earn the points from zero to the Elite level, not just the difference between Select and Elite.

Just back from X Millennium...where the points come into play is at the welcome back party where they determine who has the most X cruises. Only the X cruises count towards that door prize...and I beleive it was the 130s and 140s for the two couples who cruised on X the most. That is cruise points not nights like on RCCL...

That part I understand... I guess what I do not understand is how the new C&A point system works... I will have 8 cruise credits with RCI after my Dec. 5th sailing and will be Emerald status... But to get to Diamond it takes 80 cruise points... IF I had sailed X 8 times and did 2 more X cruises I would be eligible for Diamond status... SO with the new point system I am just wondering how they convert the calculated C&A points to Captains Club tier credits...:confused:

I know I would have 0 points but after so many RCI cruises it will not matter because they will eventually add up to 10 X tier credits... So how many C&A points are equal to 10 X Captains Club tier credits??? I just need to know the math part I guess...:p:eek::cool:

I know I would have 0 points but after so many RCI cruises it will not matter because they will eventually add up to 10 X tier credits... So how many C&A points are equal to 10 X Captains Club tier credits??? I just need to know the math part I guess...:p:eek::cool:

:confused:

There is no math involved. It´s simply matching tiers.

Select = Platinum

Elite = Diamond

Or is your question how many points you need on RCI to get to Diamond?

:confused:

There is no math involved. It´s simply matching tiers.

Select = Platinum

Elite = Diamond

Or is your question how many points you need on RCI to get to Diamond?

It takes 80 points for Diamond...

7 cruise credits = 52 points How they came up with that I will never know... So is the new C&A points based off of nights sailed OR is it based off of 7.428571428571429 points per cruise credit??? :p

It just seems they are askew... 10 cruises (not sure if they offer < 7 night sailings...) on X = Diamond on RCI

It would take almost 11.5 7 day cruises to get to Diamond cruising with RCI IF the new point system is based off of days sailed...

It takes 80 points for Diamond...

7 cruise credits = 52 points How they came up with that I will never know... So is the new C&A points based off of nights sailed OR is it based off of 7.428571428571429 points per cruise credit??? :p

It just seems they are askew... 10 cruises (not sure if they offer < 7 night sailings...) on X = Diamond on RCI

It would take almost 11.5 7 day cruises to get to Diamond cruising with RCI IF the new point system is based off of days sailed...

Sorry, I´m at a loss and have no idea what you are talking about.

You either earn 80 cruise points on RCI to become Diamond or 10 Tier Points on X to become Elite.

Archived