Sales on Cruises

janen49

I know that recently there was a 2-week cruise sale. We are planning a cruise to Alaska next summer, but we were unable to take advantage of the sale because we didn't yet know the date of another important activity next summer. We now know the date, but we have missed the cruise sale which ended on Oct 23.

My question is, how often do these cruise sales take place? Typically, would there be another one before Christmas? Thanks for any pertinent advice!

Just watch the fine print, Princess' last sale was with non-refundable, non-transferrable deposits, so if there's any chance your plans could change you could end up losing out. Other cruise line sales are the same, so make sure you've read the whole deal before jumping in.

I have signed up with two online TA who send me emails on a regular basis.

Both have offered sales during the month of October. This has consisted of OBC or prepaid gratuities for booking with them. The actual price of the stateroom is the same from both TA's,difference is the promotion they offer.

I would search various online TA web sites now that you know your dates for your Alaska cruise.

I have always used online TA when booking a cruise. Have gotten in on promotions each time I have booked a cruise.

Thanks for those helpful thoughts. Could I ask one other question? Would you think that there would likely be several more opportunities to get the best price on an Alaskan cruise, or is it cheaper the earlier you book? I know that we can't know, but would it be likely? Thanks!

Archived