How much is held from CC per day on cruise?

dpump

Thanks. Just took my husband for an overnighter for his birthday and I had prepaid for the room. Surprised they also had a $400.00 hold for one night on my cc. Got me thinking, $400 per night x 10 nights x2 people ....... That'd be a hold of $8,000 for our cruise. That'd be a whole lot of parytying for that amount!

Thanks. Just took my husband for an overnighter for his birthday and I had prepaid for the room. Surprised they also had a $400.00 hold for one night on my cc. Got me thinking, $400 per night x 10 nights x2 people ....... That'd be a hold of $8,000 for our cruise. That'd be a whole lot of parytying for that amount!

Abbreviations can be troublesome. I was wondering why anyone would hold on "Cruise Critic"....

igraf

While typing my question, I thought of that but figured everyone would figure it out.

:confused: That's very strange. I've never heard of such a thing on HAL. Was there a pre-cruise hotel involved, or HAL air?

I believe she was referring to a different event. She said she had to pre-pay a hotel room and they held $400 for a recent birthday present for her husband.

:confused: That's very strange. I've never heard of such a thing on HAL. Was there a pre-cruise hotel involved, or HAL air?

No, not Holland. It was a hotel that I had prepaid. Just surprised for one night there'd be such a large cc (credit card) hold.

Archived