Port of new Orleans question

cruisinmeme

Will be sailing on spirit soon and was curious what time most of you get to the port. All other sailings out of new Orleans have been with royal carribean and carnival. With carnival we would get there at 10:30 and ck right in and by 11:30 they would start calling groups to board. I realize nil sails one hour later than carnival so not sure if that means we board later.

They both arrive at the dock at the same time so the boarding is about the same time. I go at the same time you do for both ships and avoid the rush.

Carnival is scheduled to leave an hour earlier than Spirit but they are usually much later while Spirit leaves on time most of the time.

They both arrive at the dock at the same time so the boarding is about the same time. I go at the same time you do for both ships and avoid the rush.

Carnival is scheduled to leave an hour earlier than Spirit but they are usually much later while Spirit leaves on time most of the time.

Thanks for this info....now I realize carnival and nil leave and arrive back in port on Sunday's. I was thinking one was Saturday and one on Sunday.this leads to another question??? Is there any signs concerning who to go where?

In the past when two ships was there we would be in separate areas, but the elevators lead straight to check in, so someone will have to be re-routed for sure.

• 3 months later...

we are staying at the Country Inn and suites on Magazine street. We plan on walking to the Cruise terminal from there in the morning. It's less than a mile and the exercise will be good. Since I have never walked to a Cruise terminal (always have been dropped off before) are there signs for Royal Caribbean area? not sure what to look for. Maybe we'll walk over there the night before.

Archived