Princess this simply is not fair

inaspin

I sympathise with you and agree with you !!!

Since Princess has become [i]"Carnivalized"[/i] the marketing department has implimented some pretty bad pricing ideas!!

This was not the case years ago - Cruisefare was guaranteed against lower rates!!

I have been watching and find that Princess drops rates in "segments" - sometimes well before Final Payment.

After Final Payment, most times there are only lower categories left at "sellout" rates.

The problem about dropped rates offerred to new bookings only is a particular annoyance.

I had a situation last Summer on a 25 day cruise on the Pacific Princess. I was [b]not[/b] allowed to[b] pay[/b] to "upgrade" to lower Promo rates. These were offerred to "New Bookings" ONLY - this "Promo"was [b]before[/b] Final Payment - How wrong was that??

To add insult to injury, there was availability right up until sailing and First time Princess cruisers were upgraded while my "Elite" status and booking made over 18 months prior to sailing, was ignored for upgrade. :(

[i]By the way - (to anyone interested - the airlines WILL adjust your fare when prices drop - as long as there is availability in the same rate category.... they do not "advertise" this - you have to ask.....[/i]

I hope your situation is resolved to your satisfaction....I'm on your side in this....

GotToCruise

I think it is funny that so many people site the airlines of having better business practices when it comes to price decreases. An industry that is financial turmoil with most of the major airlines losing money is not one I'd want to use as a model.

Scott

[quote name='GottoCruise']I sympathise with you and agree with you !!!

Since Princess has become [i]"Carnivalized"[/i] the marketing department has implimented some pretty bad pricing ideas!!

This was not the case years ago - Cruisefare was guaranteed against lower rates!!

I have been watching and find that Princess drops rates in "segments" - sometimes well before Final Payment.

After Final Payment, most times there are only lower categories left at "sellout" rates.

The problem about dropped rates offerred to new bookings only is a particular annoyance.

I had a situation last Summer on a 25 day cruise on the Pacific Princess. I was [b]not[/b] allowed to[b] pay[/b] to "upgrade" to lower Promo rates. These were offerred to "New Bookings" ONLY - this "Promo"was [b]before[/b] Final Payment - How wrong was that??

To add insult to injury, there was availability right up until sailing and First time Princess cruisers were upgraded while my "Elite" status and booking made over 18 months prior to sailing, was ignored for upgrade. :(

[i]By the way - (to anyone interested - the airlines WILL adjust your fare when prices drop - as long as there is availability in the same rate category.... they do not "advertise" this - you have to ask.....[/i]

I hope your situation is resolved to your satisfaction....I'm on your side in this....

GotToCruise[/QUOTE]

The airlines will adjust your fare in most circumstances. What they don't do is give you back your money, you'll get a future credit on them. This is standard practice on Jetblue, Southwest, American, Delta, and others. I have credit sitting around from Jetblue and American right now to use at a later date. American would honor one round of price cuts in October, but not the other.

Archived