All Inclusive

djede

Hi All

I know this is a little off topic We are usually cruisers and e have always read/received great info on this site so we are hoping to get some more

For some strange reason my wife and I are goig to join some family and go on an all inclusive resort in St. Lucia and we figured we would ask some questions hoping we could get some insight

1. Is there a cheaper time of the year to travel to St Lucia ??....I have been searching for a nice place to stay that won't break tyhe bank they all seem to be 3000 for the 2 of us ?

2. Can you recommend an all inclusive resort in St. Lucia?

Thanks

Ed

It is definitely less expensive to travel during hurricane/rainy season: June-Nov. Lower season rates can be found in May and early Dec. also.

Depending on the make-up of the family would make a difference on resort recommendations. If all adults, I would recommend certain resorts, and if kids involved, then others.

For adults only - take a look at Rendezvous or LeSport

for Families with kids, Coconut Bay, Alomond Morgan Bay or Smuggler's Cove.

Coconut Bay has an adults only wing and pool area, along with a great kids program, water slides, lazy river, several pools, etc. Closer to the main sights of the island such as the Pitons and snorkeling, ziplining, etc.

The other resorts are in the north of the island, further from the main sites, but all good also. Smuggler's has an adult only pool area.

I would also highly recommend you check out TripAdvisor for resort reviews and their St. Lucia forum for more questions and info. Lots of info to be found their.

Enjoy your visit!

Thanks for the reply

Sorry I forgot to mention ...it is adults only

i will take a peek at tripadvisor ..though you really need to read between the lines on that site ...I first used it last year when trying to plan a trip last year and the reviews were mixed so I decided to look at place that I have been to before and same thing mixed reviews...but I can tell you the places that I visited before were a lot of opposite opinions of mine ..people always seems to make things sound worse then they are

Thanks

Ed

OK - for adults only, take a look at Rendezvous or LeSport/BodyHoliday. they are sister properties, so you can stay at one and go to the other for the day or for dinner, etc. You have to provide your own transport. LeSport includes an hour long spa treatment every day - very, very nice! Both have been recently rennovated.

Rendezvous is on a very long stretch of beach with water sports, several pools/swim up pool bar, gorgeous gardens, lazy river, very good food, etc.

LeSport is more of a smaller cove beach, still with watersports, full gym and sport activities, great food, further nort, so a bit further from the main sights of the island, full spa treatments daily, etc.

Both are great.

There are also 3 Sandals on island, which is great as you can stay at one and play at all 3, so 3 times the restaurants, beaches, pools, etc.- but in my opinion, the other 2 resorts offer more ambiance and personal attention along with more intimate settings.

The other resorts I mentioned earlier have adult's only areas, but you will have kids aroound at dinner, etc. They are also more 3-3.5 star resorts and are less expensive than Sandals, Rendezvous or LeSport.

Hope that helps - definitely ask around on the St. Lucia forum on TripAdvisor and also take a look at the reviews.

Enjoy your visit.

Archived