Cabin type acronyms

santa fe

Hi everebody

This will be my second cruise, Rotterdam november 6 th out of Rome for a transat. 1st was on Costa for a Carabean 7 days cruise.

I book two weeks ago an Inside gtee, cat NN, for a very,very good price.

I discovered this very good site at the same time and have been spend a lot of hours going into it and learning a lot but sometimes it's hard for me to follow as i don't understand all the acronyms describing the staterooms: ie, FV,OV,CC,PS etc...??? is there a place i could find all that info. ?

Also, i receiveed my cabin assignment wich is L 2531...is that consider an up-grade from a NN ? and why ?

Thank you.

I discovered this very good site at the same time and have been spend a lot of hours going into it and learning a lot but sometimes it's hard for me to follow as i don't understand all the acronyms describing the staterooms: ie, FV,OV,CC,PS etc...??? is there a place i could find all that info. ?

Also, i receiveed my cabin assignment wich is L 2531...is that consider an up-grade from a NN ? and why ?

Thank you.

FV is Full View

OV is Obstructed View

PS is Penthouse Suite

For the life of me, I can't remember what CC stands for (other than Cruise Critic).

IMO being moved from an NN to an L would be a good upgrade. NN is way in front of the ship on the Dolphin Deck on the Rotterdam. You will be up one level (Main Deck) and a little closer to midships.

You had an excellent upgrade. You went from a "standard" inside to a "large" inside. Or, put another way, you went from a closet to a cabin.

The "standard" inside should be thought of as a "cabinette".

Archived