snorkeling

skooch

If you are interested, I could also e-mail you after my cruise, and tell you about it.

IF you have time, as soon as you get back, could you please let us all know what the Taxi/bus fees are? And where you can catch the bus? Your help would be very much appreciated!

I would love to hear about your visit to the all the ports. Are you planning on posting a review of your shore excursions?

Rent a cab or a scooter and head to Sandy Bay (on route to West End and West Bay). Take the entrance where the sign is for Sandy Bay Internet Cafe and the Windsurfing school. There are several docks along there for you to place your "stuff". The snorkling is outstanding. Very quiet and unspoiled. You might even want to try Windsurfing! ;)

If you're thirsty or want to email pictures from your cameras go see Roy at the Internet Cafe. He's a local guy who also cooks great bbq! :D You could also walk along the beach toward Anthony's Key Resort.. You may see a dolphin or two.

Island Dweller

Where can you spot a few dolphins near Anthony Key Resort. Do you need to pay an entrance fee to get in there? Can we just stop and enjoy the beach and watch the dolphins from there?

Thanks!

IF you have time, as soon as you get back, could you please let us all know what the Taxi/bus fees are? And where you can catch the bus? Your help would be very much appreciated!

I would love to hear about your visit to the all the ports. Are you planning on posting a review of your shore excursions?

I certainly intend to post concerning my outings while on my cruise next week ( 9/18-9/25 ).

While in Roatan, I will be visting Murray, so I will not be dealing with any taxis or busses, but if rates are posted I will let you know.

Our group of 6 will probably freelance all over the island while there. I intend to consult with Murray before we set out on our adventures. We will absolutely snorkel, with the posibility of some zip-line touring.

If you rent a bike/car, take the turning down towards the Sandy Bay Internet Cafe. Instead of making a left to go to the cafe, follow the sandy road right, and drive underneath the trees and the road will come to the beach. You'll drive along go past Judy's Fantasea, the Windsurf School and several residences and new resorts. If you look ahead, you will see a Cay just offshore - this is Bailey's Cay, which is part of AKR. Just stop at the end of the road before it turns into the Colonia and underneath trees again. You should be able to see them there. Please keep a hold of all your valuables here... there are are a few known not-so-good people who live in this Colonia (there are a great deal of good people too). I used to live along this stretch of beach and walk my dogs there everyday. I don't want to alarm you, just giving you a heads up to just not be too "flashy". ;)

If after you want to drive through the Colonia it's not very long, and you will come to the entrance of AKR. Make a right there and you'll come out at the main road again.

Island Dweller

Was on the Valor recently and went to Coral Cay which is a wildlife preserve and resort. I had wonderful shrimp kebobs and a Corona... Kept the bottle to photograph the sand, water, shipwreck etc like the commercial. Oh by the way, I believe that Roatan is where they film the Corona commercial.

Snorkeling is wonderful too!

Photocruiser

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know about Subway Watersports? They offer a 2 reef snorkel boat excursion for $39. including r/t tranportation from the cruise ship. It's another $7. if you need gear. I thought for $6. more than the ship's Tabayana break I'm getting to snorlel at 2 reefs, probably avoid sand fleas (I'm taking Deep Woods Off anyway) and the ride isn't as far to their dock as it is to West Bay and West End from what I understand. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Back from Roatan, and since we delt with Captain Van's, I did not deal directly with any taxi or bus folks while there.

I do not recall seeing any posted taxi fare info. But the dirver that was hired by Captain Van's was a great guy, he was an aggressive driver when he needed to be, and he bent over backwards to help us with the customs officials, ( who were very unorganized).

Back from Roatan, and since we delt with Captain Van's, I did not deal directly with any taxi or bus folks while there.

I do not recall seeing any posted taxi fare info. But the dirver that was hired by Captain Van's was a great guy, he was an aggressive driver when he needed to be, and he bent over backwards to help us with the customs officials, ( who were very unorganized).

FFkampy - I ahve never been to Roatan but going next week - just wondering.... why did you need to deal with the customs officials?

Archived