RCI Radiance Class 8168 or 9256?

FrannyK

Hello All, I booked our very first aft balcony on the Jewel 8168. Then, I saw 9256 was available and switched. Did I do the right thing? What is above 9256?

You made a great decision to change to #9256..We have been in Jewel #1100 which is above #9256...The larger partial wraparound balcony and that corner aft wake view will amaze you..The outdoor WJ was just above us but we never heard anything..We sailed Northern Europe and the Baltics for 12 nights and this was one of the best cabin locations we've ever had...ENJOY :D

Thanks. They look pretty much the same but I heard higher up was better for some reason. We prefer shade to sun (both so fair!) and now I'm wondering if an aft cabin would have been better for shade than a corner aft. But there are no afts available at this point so I'll be happy w/what I've got :) We've never been aft before so I'm really excited to try it.

We love Voyager class and had planned on taking the Liberty but switched to the Jewel for the aft availability. Jewel gets terrific reviews so I feel good about trying Radiance class. Sounds like it's a bit lower key but relaxing is the whole point isn't it?

I can't speak for 8168 but I have had #9256 on a Westbound TA and would not take it again. I hate to disappoint but if you want shade this cabin is not for you as it is only partially covered. The inner AFT's are covered and are amazing.

Gosh, that is disappointing. I could have reserved an inner aft at the time but didn't because of all the raves about corner afts. Now they are gone. Oh well, we will just have to keep up on our sunscreen and be happy for a bit extra privacy a corner aft affords.

Had 9256 on our last cruise on the Radience and liked it so much we've reserved 9256 on our upcoming cruise on the Jewel. Huge balcony......... and it's very quiet back there.:)

That's good to hear :) I'm hearing good and bad comments about 9256 (mostly good though) so I guess I'll just have to experience it for myself :) It's the only aft we can get and I'm not givin' it up!

That's good to hear :) I'm hearing good and bad comments about 9256 (mostly good though) so I guess I'll just have to experience it for myself :) It's the only aft we can get and I'm not givin' it up!

I understand. We're aft junkies ourselves.;)

Archived