Toiletries

ShaeC

It's unclear to me via HAL site - do the provided toiletries include hair conditioner? If so, is it heavy enough to get someone used to daily conditioning through for 3 weeks? (new to HAL)

Yes, basic toiletries are provided.

john

Hardy har har.... conditioning is very serious business! Joking about such serious matters is terribly uncouth. ;) But seriously... is the conditioner very heavy? I know, I know - this is such a dumb question, but it does save me a step in packing. I can go 10 days with bad conditioner, but not 21 days.

It's unclear to me via HAL site - do the provided toiletries include hair conditioner? If so, is it heavy enough to get someone used to daily conditioning through for 3 weeks? (new to HAL)

I do not know what you mean by heavy enough.

We were on HAL for 30 days and as I wash my hair and condition it everyday I had no problem with either the shampoo or the conditioner. The supplied toiletries are from the Spa and are very good. Shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, body lotion and bar soap.

Thanks, Judy. I should have said we are usually Princess cruisers and their products are OK for a bit more than a week, but then I get a little itchy and need a heavier product. So by heavy, I guess I mean "strong" enough conditioner.

HAL uses Elemis products -- there are a few of us who do not like the products -- leaves my hair oily. DH takes so many medications that some of the ingredients in them cause him to break out.

0911.JPG

on the left is the shampoo -- Pure Shine Shampoo - infused with the aroma of Lime, Basil, and Grapefruit.

in the middle is the conditioner -- Pro-Vitamin Conditioner - a citrus experience that replenishes with conditioning Vitamin B5 Panthenol.

on the right is the bath gel -- Sharp Shower and Bath Gel - an aroma-therapeutic blend of Mint, Charmonile, Wild Marjoram, Nettle and Thyme in a Mineral rich Sea Salt base.

on our last cruise we got only the white round bar of soap -

Citrus Soap Slice - pure Glycerin soap is lightly infused with the aroma of Grapefruit, Basil, Clove and Lime.

you might be lucky and get the green soap - pure zest cleansing soap - infused with nature's own Lime, Clove Leaf, Lavender and Rosemary Extracts in Palm Oil.

the lotion still comes in a small bottle - 1.7 ounce bottle of Vitamin Rich-Body Lotion - infused with Vitamin-rich Wheat Germ, Carrot and Sweet Almond Oil.

I'm not a fan of the provided toiletries. I use a salon brand at home and find the HAL stuff to leave my hair limp. I would bring your stuff from home and try the HAL stuff. If you like it, you'll know for the next cruise. If you don't, you'll know for the next cruise...

Have a great time!

For that period of time, I would bring my own product just to not say "wish I had". Obviously, no hair responds the same way to shampoo/conditioners as evidenced by all the different options on the market! My mother swears by the Elemis conditioner but it doesn't seem to do the trick for me.

I love the Elemis products and think the shampoo wonderful.

If you are very particular and worried about the conditioner, I suggest you bring your own. That is the only way to know you will be happy with the product.

Archived