Sending gifts to cruisers

mimk3

Hi, I wanted to send a "gift" to a friend going on a cruise this summer. Is there any concierge service on board that would take care of this. I am thinking a bottle of champagne or wine for her. Any suggestions?

:)

If you place an order, ask for a confirmation via email. While I'm sure it's not the norm, 2 of the 3 times that I have placed orders though ship services, everything was not delivered. Once I ordered things for my cabin so I was able to get that resolved onboard, although it took several days. The other time I ordered flowers and wine for friends. I wanted it to be a surprise so I didn't tell them in advance. When they returned, they thanked me for the wine but didn't mention any flowers. I asked if they had received a floral arrangement and was told no. I still had my receipt and was eventually able to get a refund for the floral arrangment.

I did this for my parents over the summer. I printed off the confirmation and put it in a sealed envelope. They knew that they were going to get a surprise, just didn't know what it was so I gave them the envelope and told them to only open it if there had not been anything delivered to their stateroom by the end of the first day. They got their gift and gave me the envelope back, still sealed, when they got home.

Archived