Anyone ever put a guest announcement in the Cruise Compass?

dln929

There were some really cute ones on our sailing. My favorite was "Mitzi, I'm so in love with you. Here's to the rest of our lives together. Vergie" Those are popular names from about two generations ago so Vergie and Mitzi must have been together for a long, long time!

We're sailing on Valentines Day so I think I might toodle on over to the Guest Relations Desk first thing and beat the rush to sign up for a message of love to my hunny bunny. :D

I have never seen a personal message in any cruise compass or similar document on any cruise line.

I believe it would get out of hand very quickly.

I suspect they keep the same layout for the compasses and only change the dates. I dont see them putting them together day after day after day.

As stated, there is a comment box at guest relations. You can drop birthday, anniversary announcements, etc in it and the cruise director will read them on the morning show.

I don't think that they will print anything in the cruise compass but on ships that have a cruise director that tapes a morning show, you can ask them to say something.

I didnt think so either. Imagine a bunch of papers for people saying stuff

I don't think that they will print anything in the cruise compass but on ships that have a cruise director that tapes a morning show, you can ask them to say something.

On the Voyager they will, last page Cruise Compass!

I have never seen a personal message in any cruise compass or similar document on any cruise line.

I believe it would get out of hand very quickly.

I suspect they keep the same layout for the compasses and only change the dates. I dont see them putting them together day after day after day.

As stated, there is a comment box at guest relations. You can drop birthday, anniversary announcements, etc in it and the cruise director will read them on the morning show.

Just because someone wants something printed doesn't mean it has to be accepted for publication in the Compass. I didn't know about having the Cruise Director say anything though, so thanks for that info!

Hmmmm. So maybe this is a new thing then? We sailed last month on the Voyager and on the first day's Compass, on the back page was an announcement at the bottom right hand side. This is what it said.

GUEST ANNOUNCEMENTS

To sign up for the Guest Celebration Announcements please visit the Guest Relations Desk located on Deck 5. Availability is on a first come first served basis due to limited space. Announcements can include Birthday, Anniversary, Family Reunion, Engagements, "I Love You" messages.

Here are some of the announcements during the week:

"Tin to the best 9 years of my life, and many more to come. I love you, Ver"

"Hey Green Souls (GS): see you tomorrow night for the (unofficial) karaoke showdown!"

"Analia Happy Happy Birthday frm the Big A's and the P-Boys!"

I think it's such a fun idea. The compass says to pick up the form at guest relations and must be in by 10am the day before you want it printed. Can't verify the cost since I have not done it but they are definitely in the Compass now. I wish I could do it for my parents on their upcoming cruise but I won't be onboard so can't see how it would be possible. :(

BonVoyage

Dawna

I first saw these on the MN in Sept.......I asked how much...$25:eek::eek: I wound up saying Happy Birthday in person instead..:p

I know, right? You can get one of those muscial cards for less than that. Of course, to each his own:rolleyes:. RCI came up with yet another way to make a dollar.

$25 for someone to type something into a computer??!?! I'd rather buy the person a drink to celebrate or something similar...especially if you consider that most of the cruise compasses are already formatted ahead of schedule and then get "tweaked" as needed... 5 messages at 25$ a piece seems a bit steep....JMHO

:eek:

They had them in the compass on the Allure a few weeks ago. Several nice messages written. If you want one for free you can send a note to the cruise director and he will read it on the morning show. I enjoyed The Morning Rush, as it was funny and gave great details about the major happenings of the day. Not sure if they do the morning show on all ships.

Here's a PDF of the last page of the Day 7 cruise compass on the Jewel's 10/15 sailing. The "Guest Celebrations" are at the bottom right. This one is especially funny to me because when my husband saw the 2nd one that mentions someone named "Jan" who they clearly (well maybe) just met on the cruise, he hasn't stopped ribbing me about it. LOL

day7compass.pdf

Awww, I would pay $25.00 for that! I am such a sucker! :p:D

I have NEVER paid to eat dinner in a specialty restaurant and I won't consider excursions that will cost me over $100/pp, but I'd pay the $25 to post something like this. It makes the other person feel important and appreciated. Clearly, I'm a sucker too!!

If you're going to do it, get to Guest Relations quickly.

After seeing them in the compass on our April cruise, we tried to get one for my grandparents' anniversary, but they were sold out for the week. More than one person paid for their message to appear every day of the cruise.

We sailed on Serenade on a B2B from October 9-23. The messages on the back page of the compass were the same for both weeks. I am thinking that Royal is tring to get people to put messages in the compass, but have not had too much success yet.

Mary Anne

I noticed these messages in the Compass on the Serenade and thought it was such a sweet idea. I wonder how much the messages cost?

They have them in the Cruise Compass on Majesty also. I went down to check and they told me they are $25 per message. On Majesty, if you order it on Friday, it will show up in the Sunday Cruise Compass.

Archived