Which one - Glory or Magic?

kiraryker

And whether you're flying or driving. Love Galeston and sailing from there again for New Year's Eve this year, but a hassle to arrange transportation from either Hobby or Bush. Need to factor that into your plans before you book. Lots of info on the gulf coast homeports board.

We just got off a cruise on the Glory and although it is not as new as the Magic the crew was great and we had a great time....There is something to be said about a new ship with all the bells and whistles. So did I help you make a decision?.....Nope........I do not think you can make a bad decision with the choices you have just remember to it is vacation and relax and you will have a blast!!

Hey Thanks everyone! We decided last night.......Magic - mainly just because we have sailed out of Miami before but have never been to Galveston (strange way to decide I know)

Thanks again!

Unless you stay at Harbor House next to the port to watch the ship come in .. I would book one of the many hotels along seawall and enjoy waking up to the ocean and take a morning stroll along the beach/seawall which is at least 3 miles long. Its only about 3 miles from the port, not too far.

Unless you stay at Harbor House next to the port to watch the ship come in .. I would book one of the many hotels along seawall and enjoy waking up to the ocean and take a morning stroll along the beach/seawall which is at least 3 miles long. Its only about 3 miles from the port, not too far.

That sounds great! Now I've been reading that it's a hassle to get from the airport (Hobby) to Galveston then to the port? Any suggestions?

That sounds great! Now I've been reading that it's a hassle to get from the airport (Hobby) to Galveston then to the port? Any suggestions?

you pretty much have to take either a shuttle or a limo.

If you rent a car it had to be turned in by Saturday as its closed on sunday.

Iv stayed at Quality Inn and Suites Beachfront (no hotels are on the beach, its across from the beach) and it has a indoor pool for bad weather, and is within walking distance of Krogers to pick up your soda and places to eat, and some from this last cruise on triumph and those on my cruise next week found a special for $49. lastminutetravel had it down as low as $41, but it was gone at those promo rates by the time someone tried to book. Just grab a taxi to the port. You can walk to everything once you get settled into your hotel. some book holiday inn for their free shuttle to the port.

you pretty much have to take either a shuttle or a limo.

If you rent a car it had to be turned in by Saturday as its closed on sunday.

Iv stayed at Quality Inn and Suites Beachfront (no hotels are on the beach, its across from the beach) and it has a indoor pool for bad weather, and is within walking distance of Krogers to pick up your soda and places to eat, and some from this last cruise on triumph and those on my cruise next week found a special for $49. lastminutetravel had it down as low as $41, but it was gone at those promo rates by the time someone tried to book. Just grab a taxi to the port. You can walk to everything once you get settled into your hotel. some book holiday inn for their free shuttle to the port.

Thanks again great info!! We will do that - We will be flying in on Sat so is there a place by the port just to return the rental car by one of those hotels?

I dont know, but I would sure call before I rented a car and make sure it was open on saturday and what their saturday hours are. renting a car just is a tough option from houston and why people say its hard to get to galveston.

galveston isnt that big where the businesses are, but not walking distance that I know of.

Archived