MDR protocol

potterduck

Or you may continue to order all of the above.... and more !! Honestly, your wait staff will be more than happy to accommodate your dining desires....should you want to try two entrees, or perhaps sample 2 desserts...you will not be showing yourselves up !!

Enjoy !!!

Do we order an appetiser, a soup or salad and an entree? We are new to X (only sailed RCI so far) and don't want to show ourselves up by ordering too many courses :D

You can have as many appetizers, soups, entrees you want. I like fish, and I like Indian food, so I'd order both.

Do we order an appetiser, a soup or salad and an entree? We are new to X (only sailed RCI so far) and don't want to show ourselves up by ordering too many courses :D
Order whatever you want to eat.

Some people will order both soup and salad, while others order one or the other and still others skip them both. Sometimes I will order 4 appetizers and skip the entree. If you order something and find you don't like it, your waiter will bring you something else.

There are no restrictions and your waiters want you to be happy. If you mention that you are not sure which of two menu choices you want, they will probably bring you both. They will also give you their recommendations for that day if you ask, or sometimes even if you don't ask.

One side of the menu has the specials for that day. On the other side are old reliable classic standards that are available all the time. So if you don't care for any of the specials for that day, you can always fall back on the old standards and can mix and match as the mood strikes you.

Yes, order whatever looks good to you, all of it. The portions for app and soup/salad are small, the mains are more substantial. If you order more courses than your companions, the waiters slip your plate out and slide your next one in very quickly, to keep the flow going smoothly. It won't stand out that you're eating a little more than others. The food was the best part of the cruise!

There is no real protocol other then you order whatever your please. A big mistake made by some cruisers is to tell the waiter they cannot make up their mind between 2 or 3 dishes because many good waiters will just smile and bring them all :)

Hank

I order whatever I choose from the MDR menu just as I would in a restaurant.

Usually, I select two appetizers and/or two salads. I order soup, entree and dessert just to taste them.

DH orders one of each category plus two desserts, then he finishes my dessert. The waiters often laugh at his consumption of desserts because he is in great shape and does not put on pounds. Sadly, the only dessert he enjoyed on our last Celebrity cruise in October 2011 was the ice cream.

We ask the waiters to bring any multiples like appetizers, at the same time, so as not to disrupt the eating schedule of tablemates.

Soups are often too salty. Unfortunately, the meats are low grade for my taste as I prefer my cuts of meat to be at least "choice" grade as I'd get from the supermarket.

IMHO, Celebrity and Princess need to re-visit the merits of making profits by serving junk meats to their cruisers. And, cruisers would be wise to send these junk meats back and request another entree.

Maris

-

Archived