Within port facility

Cruisingirl2012

We are not interested in any of the excursions for this port however we are wondering if we took the tender boat in if we would have a few things to see within the port facility such as a few shops? As per some posts that I have read, once you step out of the facility, you are bombarded by people wanting to sell their items.

DW and I have been to Belize twice, and both times we took excursions. One was to see monkeys in trees, and the other was cave tubing. If we should venture to Belize again the only thing we would think about doing is the cave tubing again. Otherwise we will tender in and go to the Wet Lizard for some cold Belikin Beers and lunch.

I think the stories about being bombarded by peddlers are a little overblown. There are several tour and taxi operators outside the gates, but the peddlers are mostly confined to the flea market set up across the street, and they have police there to control them.

The police were very helpful to us in selecting a reliable tour guide/taxi driver to take us to Altun Ha.

Here is the official "tourist Village" brochure -

http://www.tourismvillage.com/

We are not interested in any of the excursions for this port however we are wondering if we took the tender boat in if we would have a few things to see within the port facility such as a few shops? As per some posts that I have read, once you step out of the facility, you are bombarded by people wanting to sell their items.

DW and I have been to Belize twice, and both times we took excursions. One was to see monkeys in trees, and the other was cave tubing. If we should venture to Belize again the only thing we would think about doing is the cave tubing again. Otherwise we will tender in and go to the Wet Lizard for some cold Belikin Beers and lunch.

Skrufy, serious question about tubing... i am looking to do this BUT am wondering what is so fun about tubing? people are saying you only can see the first 10ft into the cave then flashlights are limited, river is slow. We have tubed many times in North Georgia and the fun part of tubing is the lazy day of it, relaxing with the family, in the sun and cold water -- it's just something to do slow and kill time. Am I missing what the "fun" factor is for cave tubing?

thanks for your reply!

Archived