Bathing Suits

eBay is great! it is best to search by brand (leilani, tommy bahama, speedo, miracle suit, jantzen, whatever) in the "women's clothing" category. Only buy from sellers with excellent feedback (100% positive or close to it), and make sure it is "NWT" - new with tags. I have purchased three this year and got great suits at good savings.

We happen to like a lot of stuff from LL Bean and DW purchased one from them. They have various "styles" that are designed for different body styles and the catalog guides are very helpful. She was able to find one that accented her body well to make her look good (to others, as she always looks good to me!) and worked very well for our Royal Dolphin Swim.

I'm also a Land's End fan. I always shop the Overstocks site. Sometimes there are great deals in the size and styles I want; sometimes, not so much. You just have to be patient. I got 3 suits (2 one-piece, 1 tankini) last year for $100 including shipping.

I must say that Newport News sounds intriguing--think I might have to give them a try. How true are their sizes?

beachchick

If you are sailing out of Port Canaveral and have time beforehand, check out Ron Jon's surf shop. They had literally thousands of suits to choose from--all types & sizes. I usually have to try on 8 or 10 suits in order to find just one that I like, at Ron Jon's I brought six into the dressing room and wanted ALL of them:eek:

Unfortunately for me, we visited the store after our cruise was over! Oh well, I'll be ready for the next time!

I'm also a Land's End fan. I always shop the Overstocks site. Sometimes there are great deals in the size and styles I want; sometimes, not so much. You just have to be patient. I got 3 suits (2 one-piece, 1 tankini) last year for $100 including shipping.

I must say that Newport News sounds intriguing--think I might have to give them a try. How true are their sizes?

beachchick

beachchick,

Newport News sizes are true to size. I have never had a problem. I go through lots of suits each year because we have a pool and hot tub and they hold up well also. Once you order you will receive their sale catalogs too. Happy shopping!! :D

Cindy ;)

I've had very good luck with Venus - venusswimwear.com

They have a wide variety of styles, and sell their 2 piece suits separately, just in case your top is bigger than your bottom, and vice versa. They also sell one piece suites. I bought a 2 piece from them last year, but due to a recent surgery, can no longer wear the bikini bottom. After searching their website, I found the same fabric in a high waisted style, so will still be able to wear the top. I've also found that their suits hold up very well. They have a new Brooke Burke collection that is really cute fabric - kinda Hawaiin style!

I also love Newport News, however, I've found that half the time, their suits are not true to size - they have a tendancy to run small, and don't hold up quite as well as my Venus suit.

Good Luck with your shopping!

Archived