AOS San Juan Luggage Valet?

flyiad

I've seen discussions about the Luggage Valet program not being available in San Juan any more. However, when I'm logged in to "My Cruises" on the RCI website and click on Ground Transportation I get this msg:

"Ground Transportation

Luggage Valet

If you're sailing out of San Juan, PR; Miami, FL; Los Angeles, CA; or Port Canaveral, FL; you can take advantage of our Luggage Valet service. It allows you to get your boarding passes and luggage checked in before you get to the airport. To use the service, your final destination must be in the U.S. Participating airlines are American, Continental, Delta, and United. You can purchase it while onboard the ship for only $10."

Can anyone verify if the Luggage Valet program is indeed operating out of San Juan now? We're cruising in December 2011 with a late flight on debarkation day and it would be a real lifesaver!

Thanks!

I really liked using the service when we have sailed out of San Juan. But the last that I heard it has not been put back in place. Since the last time we used it the cost was $20.00 pp I suspect that the source you are quoting from RCI's site is old and outdated. And, somehow, that would not surprise me in the least.

When we sailed on the Serenade this past May, vallet luggage for debarkation was not offered for the San Juan airport. I usually use it where avaialble. Was on Oasis this past September where I was able to use it (worked great). I would call C&A and see what they have to say about what you're reading. BTW, at San Juan we had to take our luggage over to the agriculture line to have all our luggage (including carryons) where they place a sticker on each bag, then check them in. Several people didn't have their carryons scanned and going thru security to go to the gates had to go back and have carryons scanned. They don't tell you at the ag line about carryons being scanned. Very layed back there.

Dave

OK, verified by C&A just now. It is NOT available at San Juan. I reported the outdated info I'm getting when logged into my reservation. Really not nice for anyone who doesn't use any of the cruise boards - could mess up your last day to expect to have this service and then not find out the truth until aboard.

Archived