Diamond Princess

Mrs Sponge

Hi My Husband (Ron) and myself are considering a cruise from Beijing to Singapore in February or March 2012 can anybody help us in deciding the best time weather wise / sea wise to travel - also any views on the Diamond Princess

Regards

Cynthia

If you go on the Princess website, selecting the cruise that you are interested in, and then you will see a tab for "weather" and you can select the port and get the details...do it for each port that the cruise will be visiting.

http://www.princess.com/find/weatherDetails.do?subnav=true&voyageCode=M205&tourCode=&resType=C&departurePort=&noOfCruiseDays=&noOfTourDays=&travelOrder=&bID=PCPB&airPortCode=&productCode=OFS160&departureDate=Feb+27%2C+2012&productDesc=16+days+Southeast+Asia+%26+China+From+Beijing+to+Singapore

Hi My Husband (Ron) and myself are considering a cruise from Beijing to Singapore in February or March 2012 can anybody help us in deciding the best time weather wise / sea wise to travel - also any views on the Diamond Princess

Regards

Cynthia

Beijing would be quite cool in early Spring, but you would miss the typhoons. We are on the Sydney-Beijing cruise in March-April 2013 and will arrive there in late March.

Hi Anna,

I notice that you are a regular with Princess Cruises, we have yet to travel with them - obviously you must be very happy with the overall experience - do you know how they compare with Cunard / Royal Caribbean etc.

Cynthia

Travelled on the Diamond Princess last February March from Sydney to Beijing taking in a number of the ports on the Beijing to Singapore cruise. It had snowed in Dalian overnight, Shanghai had a really chill wind, Nagasaki was pleasant, Hong Kong cool. As long as you rug up you should be fine. The Diamond is a really great ship - very smooth sailing. Loved it so much that we are on the Diamond again in February travelling Sydney - Beijing - Singapore.

I just made this decision and I decided to go Bangkok to Beijing on Oct. 25, 2012. Several places I have read that October is just about perfect! (Frommer and Fodor's) I checked the daily temperatures for the last 8 years on Weather Underground and Oct. is excellent highs in high 60's to low 70's and fairly dry. Frommer also said there are sand storms in late winter to early spring and often smog and pollution problems in the northern parts of China/Korea. I would love the Oct. 9 sailing but it is within the Golden week impact week for flying in and doing a pre cruise (which we prefer to postcruise). My compromise is : Fly to Beijing from IAD (Washington DC) on non stop (United) Oct. 13 arrive Oct 15 (international dateline in here so not so sure but I know flight is 14 hours). Private tour with tour-beijing.com for 4 days Beijing, flight to Xian for terra cotta Warriors, to Bangkok one way through Beijing. Get to Bangkok Oct. 21 for private tour and board Diamond Princess for 16 day cruise. Back in Beijing for flight home Nov. 11.

I have been working for about a month with the various tours etc and I don't think I can get better than exactly what I have stated I wanted. :D

I think the weather in Beijing (where there is the most differences month to month across the year) will have the best chance of being good.

Come join us. Seems to be lots and lots of space still! Flights and final plans can't be made until about 330 days out from last flight.

Oh did not consider cruise to Asia early in year because we are in South America Jan/Feb 2012 but still I think it is just too cold for my old bones.

Archived