Fkight time leaving Barcelona

AndyTheK

We have been offered an itinerary for flights for our cruise next April. The cruise ends in Barcelona with a published docking time of 5 AM. I know this is always subject to change, delay, and so on, but let's talk about using this as a guideline. We have only disembarked in Barcelona once before, and it was neither Princess, nor were we in any sort of time pressure that trip.

Is a flight scheduled at 11:20 doable (I'll call my TA tomorrow, but want to get some input from CC first).

There is no later flight that day which fits in to our ticketing restrictions (only one flight a day BCN to TLV on the carrier we're using to fly to the US).

Express Walkoff IS NOT an option for us - we have four suitcases and DW is in a wheelchair. We require assistance in disembarkation.

In this case, is it better to take a taxi from port to the airport rather than wait for a Princess transfer to fill the bus? Are taxis readily available at the pier (it will be a Sunday morning).

TIA for any advice from those who have disembarked in Barcelona.

Shalom, Andy.

Andy;

The Port in Barcelona can become very busy depending on how many ships are arriving and departing on any given day.

You might consider arranging a van that can transport a wheel chair meet you at the ship.

If you do this, do it early.

We boarded the ship in Barcelona on a Sunday. I had made reservation for a taxi for the four of us early. The Morning we departed there was a long line at the Hotel desk trying to order a taxi. The clerk was telling them at this time there is not a taxi to had in the city. Those guests were placed on a waiting list and if a free taxi stopped at the Hotel, the next name was called. That day there was 8 ships departing.

Hi Andy

Our cruise ended in Barcelona our Princess transfer was by a taxi as there was only 4 of us on the flight,

however getting through passport etc took 40 mins, I coulds see this taking longer if loads of ships in wth lots of flights we a similar time slot.

Airport is nice, apart from main shops can not be accessed once you go through passport control,

we landed on a upper level with almost no shops and only a small snack stall, while down below a full mall,

yours Shogun

We flew out of Barcelona, post cruise, and arrived at the airport 2 hours before our flight. Due to issues with our reservation we were at the ticket counter longer than would be normal but after having to walk a GREAT distance from the ticketing area to the gate, through passport control, we missed our flight. The airport is large and lines can be quite long. Doing it again we would be at the airport 2 1/2 to 3 hours early.

Thanks for the feedback. The TA we use for flights is very good with knowing our needs and preferences. I'll check in with him later today. I just wanted to know what people's actual experience was.

Shalom, Andy.

Archived