cruise for beer geeks?

cardamon

My husband brews beer and I'm sure there have to be other wives who would like to find a beer cruise for their hubbies- so they could get them on a cruise. Anyone know if a beer cruise exists?:confused::confused:

It would sure make it easier to get him on a cruise!

• 3 months later...

Um, you could do it yourself. There's a microbrewery in Old San Juan, Harbor Brewery, and it's a great spot. There's a microbrewery in St Croix, US Virgin Islands, Christiansted Brew Pub. I don't think you can tour the beer breweries on the other islands (Banks on Barbados, Carib in St Kitts), but you can definitely do tastings at the ports. Carnival now has their own microbrew on most of their ships (I think it's Carnival. If not, choose the line that does!)

I have photos of the brewery in Old San Juan (they have a beer tower that I've never seen), and the pub in Christiansted. There's a new beer out in Puerto Rico, Magna, and I had it for the first time when I was there in January at the jazz club, Carli's. I like it better than their popular Medalla which is a light beer. Magna is a regular beer, I was told.

They sell a mango beer on St Thomas/St John from Virgin Islands something, though it's not actually made in the VI. There's also a tap room on St John that has their own brew of beers (they brew the mango beer) and root beer.

Almost every island has some kind of distillery, so they could taste something on probably every island.

Archived