RCI ships to get Coca-Cola Freestyle machines next year

Good news for soda drinkers, in case you don't know, the machines let you mix pretty much any Coca-Cola drink you like. Here's the link: http://www.nationofwhynot.com/blog/?p=4332

cool

Hopefully they stay working. we had one in the cafeteria at the office for a while. Thing was always broken, out of certain flavors, etc.

cool

Hopefully they stay working. we had one in the cafeteria at the office for a while. Thing was always broken, out of certain flavors, etc.

I doubt that it was a "Freestyle" machine. They are very new and only recently(tested in select stores first and then rolled out nationally) have resturants began placing them into service.

Royal Caribbean had one on the Allure for the Pre Inaugural and it was very popular. These machines do not have a reputation for being broken or being out of certain flavors.

I doubt that it was a Freestyle machine. They are very new and only recently have resturants began placing them into service.

Royal Caribbean had one on the Allure for the Pre Inaugural and it was very popular. These machines do not have a reputation for being broken or being out of certain flavors.

It was. I assure you. had the 127 or whatever flavors. They been out for several months. Not widley, but out there. I can find the exact date I saw it show up.

Edit: It showed up September 2, 2010. Yes, 2010. Not 2011. 2010. Over a year ago. They were announced well before that. It might have been an early test/demo model. But it was absolutely a Frestyle. It was one of the red ones.

I doubt that it was a "Freestyle" machine. They are very new and only recently(tested in select stores first and then rolled out nationally) have resturants began placing them into service.

They have been out for over 2 years now (at least here in Atlanta). And they can run out of flavors as well as the main base, if they are not restocked.

One of the biggest attractions is that the syrup is much more concentrated than on old fountain machines.

If they do get this, I would definitely sign up for a soda card as I can get my Coke Zero Cherry.

cool

I've only used one once, in a relatively new land resturant. The touch screen needed recalibrated, I kept selecting Coke Zero and getting regular Coke.

I love these machines... however 2 out of our 3 visits to Firehouse Subs it was broken. The screen was having issues and needed recalibrated. The concept is great, however it allows for a single point of failure in places that only have a few of these.

A local BK has two of them...seems to work well enough, although a few times I've found myself waiting behind someone who can't seem to figure out how to navigate the machine, or dispense ice, or position the cup correctly underneath the fountain. Multiply that times 3000+ passengers and you've got a potential logjam.

I wonder if these machines be restricted to people who buy the soda package or will they be available for a single drink purchase. Obviously we will have to swipe our seapass card in any case.

hopefully, they would equip the machine with an RFID chip scaner. Just use the cup they give you with the soda package.

hopefully, they would equip the machine with an RFID chip scaner. Just use the cup they give you with the soda package.

Makes sense. Each cup would have an unique RFID number that could be "programmed" just for that cruise. It would certainly stop people from buying cups on that online auction site.

I still wonder how they will handle people who want a Diet Coke with raspberry who are not on the Soda Package. The Seapass card is the only real way to do this. I can see it now. Some irate parent at guest relations complaining about the $200 charge that their child rang up giving sodas to their friends as they were the only ones that had "charge" priviledges.

Makes sense. Each cup would have an unique RFID number that could be "programmed" just for that cruise. It would certainly stop people from buying cups on that online auction site.

I still wonder how they will handle people who want a Diet Coke with raspberry who are not on the Soda Package. The Seapass card is the only real way to do this. I can see it now. Some irate parent at guest relations complaining about the $200 charge that their child rang up giving sodas to their friends as they were the only ones that had "charge" priviledges.

Hmmm... good question.. I was going to ask how do they handle it now, but I guess what they have now is a limited number of sodas available at a self serve fountain and those sodas are also available at any bar via "the gun"

I suppose the cynic would say it's for SodaCard holders only and is a ploy to get more people to buy them. :)

I love these machines... however 2 out of our 3 visits to Firehouse Subs it was broken. The screen was having issues and needed recalibrated. The concept is great, however it allows for a single point of failure in places that only have a few of these.

Polaris? That is where I first saw this machine and mentioned it kept trying to give me regular coke when I wanted Coke Zero.

Does anyone know if you can up the seltzer on these machines? I prefer more soda water and less syrup. Thanks!

No.. You simply select one of the pre-set flavors. The mix is not controllable by the user.

The best you could do is dispense some soda, then switch the machine to dispense plain soda water. It CAN do that.

Archived