RCI ships to get Coca-Cola Freestyle machines next year

Me too, lol. We live just south of it off of Cleveland.

Amusing coincidence. Sorry to jack the thread, We must be really close, I imagine you know where 161 and Maple Canyon is? We were once on an excursion in Nassau and we were taking a boat back to the pier and the couple that sat next to us ran the jewelry store that was less than 100 yards from our house.

Amusing coincidence. Sorry to jack the thread, We must be really close, I imagine you know where 161 and Maple Canyon is? We were once on an excursion in Nassau and we were taking a boat back to the pier and the couple that sat next to us ran the jewelry store that was less than 100 yards from our house.

Considering I live just off of Maple Cannon I do, lol.

I wonder if these machines be restricted to people who buy the soda package or will they be available for a single drink purchase. Obviously we will have to swipe our seapass card in any case.

I think it would compete with the waiter's 15% tip if the machine was available for single drink purchases. Plus it would have to dispense a receipt. My guess is it will be for coke cards only.

seems like this is moving in the wrong direction, healthwise.

I gave up soda a few years ago and never looked back.

Study after study has proven it is unhealthy and there is a correlation between various serious medical conditions and consuming soda, even diet soda.

I feel so much better after giving up the sugary, acidic empty calorie beverages that are completely devoid of any nutrition, which also rot your teeth.

If I drink soda now it makes me feel sick.

"Just as you were starting to feel virtuous for having switched from sugary sodas to low- or no-calorie substitutes, a new study comes along suggesting that diet sodas might be bad for your head and your heart.

The study, which followed more than 2,500 New Yorkers for nine or more years, found that people who drank diet soda every day had a 61 percent higher risk of vascular events, including stroke and heart attack, than those who completely eschewed the diet drinks, according to researchers who presented their results today at the American Stroke Association’s International Stroke Conference in Los Angeles."

Coke creates a different flavour coke for every country. In Indonesia for instance, regular coke has a slight lemony flavour. So i don't really know what a regular flavour coke is.

That is not true. Coke is Coke, the only difference is Sugar or Corn Syrup. My partner works for Coke here in Atlanta.

What Coke does is offer all kinds of local sodas for local markets, but they would have a different name, not Coke.

Does anyone know if you can up the seltzer on these machines? I prefer more soda water and less syrup. Thanks!

This is a major NO NO. Coca Cola is very specific about their product and it is supposed to be calibrated to specific measurements.

I am sure that PepsiCo is just as protective of their Brand.

• 1 month later...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Those machines are the WORST for picky Diet Coke drinkers - the Diet Coke always tastes fruity!!! :mad:

I think the machines could be improved with a nozzle for the fruit additives and a nozzle for the regular beverages, because if the person before you (or maybe even 10 people before you) gets lemon added to their drink, then your drink tastes lemony.

From the blog:

The fountain soda package entitles you to unlimited refills at any of our bars or lounges, Windjammer Café, Main Dining Room and our private destinations. A complimentary Coca-Cola® souvenir cup is included as part of every fountain soda package and currently includes Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Diet Sprite, and Ginger Ale. While we would not charge you for adding a flavoring, it is important to note that we do not have flavorings available. Here is a bit of a scoop though, in mid 2012 we will begin deploying to select ships Coke Freestyle Machines, that will be included in the Unlimited Fountain Soda Package, with that machine, you will have access to over 120 coke flavors/products and be able to custom flavor your own soda (like raspberry coke), it is very cool. Check it out at http://www.coca-colafreestyle.com.

I have never seen Diet Sprite on RC, but in a can.

Have you seen Diet Sprite from the fountain? As part of the soda package.

Archived