Dinner at Spiegel Tent Cirque Show?

julesc0418

I've read reviews of this show and some say the food is great and others say it's terrible. What I haven't read is.....what do they serve?

The serve salad, chicken & beef satay, a shrimp, potato and a plate with 3 small desserts on it. At least that's what we got :)

It was a bit banquet-foodish, if that says anything. It tasted okay, but certainly wasn't my favourite meal.

The show was amazing though :)

We were on the ship last November. We booked this show prior to boarding (from home) and enjoyed it. The food was fine and the deserts were awesome. Go for the show and if you don't like the food.... well you can always get something to eat later SOMEWHERE on board!!:p:eek: The show was very enjoyable and the bath tub scene was awesome (from a woman's point of view);) We paid for the lower price tickets and sat upstairs. The seats upstairs were the best in the house in our opinion. Get in line early if you want to sit upstairs as the seats are very limited.

IMHO The actual show was pretty good, and very good at times. It was difficult to tell how good it could have been because we were trying to get through the various courses of mediocre food and worse service. In the wait staff's defense, they tried hard and they had way more people to wait on than they could really handle in the time frame required and with a challenging obstacle course....not to mention trying to finish service before the meat of the show began. This show really deserves to be more of a lounge setting, without attempting the distracting dinner portion. We were glad we had eaten a snack in the Noodle Bar before the show. When we sail the Epic again, we won't be repeating this show. And by the way, the other shows onboard were excellent.

We sailed in March and thought the show was GREAT! The food was utterly mediocre-- not unpalatable, as many said in earlier reviews, but I wasn't particularly motivated to eat it knowing that there were lots of good options elsewhere on the ship that we could enjoy after. If you like it, eat it, if you don't, plan to go eat somewhere else after the show, but do enjoy the show!!

Thank you all for your posts!! :) From what I can discern from the various replies, it sounds like the European sailings get a much better menu than those of us just traveling to the Caribbean!!

Anyway, we are definitely planning to go to the show and can't wait to see the performers! We will do exactly what many of you have suggested - eat what we want and then go get better food somewhere else!

Thank you all for your posts!! :) From what I can discern from the various replies, it sounds like the European sailings get a much better menu than those of us just traveling to the Caribbean!!

Anyway, we are definitely planning to go to the show and can't wait to see the performers! We will do exactly what many of you have suggested - eat what we want and then go get better food somewhere else!

The initial menu and performance for its first year got nearly all negative reviews. When she came over to Europe they changed both. With the multi-language situation the act removed nearly all speaking, the menu is more like you'd find in a top European Restaurant.

She might keep the same or change back when in the Caribbean waters.. The show is worth it and as others have said best seats are actually balcony ones!

I agree with Single Cruiser. I have seen this show on 2 occasions - in september 2010 when only a month or two old and again this summer. The performances and food where not at all comparable and any comments on either that pre-date summer 2011 are not relevant. IMHO I think the current show and food represent very good value. Best location for the non-premium seating is on the balcony.

I thought the food and service were very good. I have a seafood and shellfish allergy and the server went out of her way to make sure that there wouldn't be any cross contamination. The menu posted in the link above is what we were served.

It wasn;t one of my favorite meals...apparantly I was eating chicken and thought it tasted like fish...oh well...it wasn;t a great meal but it was edible...a different experience on a ship...

someone described the food as banquety...absolutely correct description...

The food was very nice and filling,choice of three starters, 2 mains and then three calorie loaded desserts!

5803721770_2c4f407d2f_b.jpg

IMG_0472 by single_cruiser, on Flickr

I did notice a distinct difference of opinion on quantity between European guests and Nth American guests! :D

Unfortunately the only thing on this mene my husband would eat is the desert and maybe the beef if it was touching anything else and had not onions or peppers within a mile of it.

Although I've heard that they have changed menus since we were there last year, I'm still seeing a lot of complaints about the food.

We are not picking eaters by any means and will try just about anything. We ate the food they provided, but was not full at all when we left and headed to the buffet after the show was over. We found the food to be pretty "bland" actually.

The show was something "different" and nothing that we've ever done before. The story line and talking got a little annoying, but the performance of the acrobats was amazing. I would see go and see it again (IF I was cruising with family...and just so that they could see it).

What is the price for Cirque dreams? Would one be able to get something not on their menu?

From what I can remember it was $15 for regular seating (which everyone said was the best seats in the house if on the upper level and we found this to be true). I'm not sure if it's the same price now or not. I think premium seating was an extra $5 maybe?

No, you could only pick from their menu and they had 1 or 2 to pick from.

What is the price for Cirque dreams? Would one be able to get something not on their menu?

Price is $20 for regular seating and $30 for prime seating. Regular seating was just fine.

Epic: Taking place in a specially built, tent-shaped theater that's billed as the first "big top" at sea, Cirque Dreams & Dinner is a circus-themed extravaganza featuring dazzling aerialists, acrobats and contortionists performing around and above passengers as they nosh on jumbo shrimp and beef tenderloin (tickets, $20 to $30 a person).

Price is $20 for regular seating and $30 for prime seating. Regular seating was just fine.

Epic: Taking place in a specially built, tent-shaped theater that's billed as the first "big top" at sea, Cirque Dreams & Dinner is a circus-themed extravaganza featuring dazzling aerialists, acrobats and contortionists performing around and above passengers as they nosh on jumbo shrimp and beef tenderloin (tickets, $20 to $30 a person).

Thank you

Archived