Mattress toppers?

HomelessBear

Hi,

Not cruised with P&O before (done 10 with Princess), but going on our first one at Xmas on Azura. Really looking forward to it! Also got another P&O cruise booked for next July when all the ships will be in Southampton together.

I was wondering if they have mattress toppers - or "egg crates" as they are sometimes referred to - as I have found the mattresses on the other cruises far too hard and I wake up every day with awful backache.

If they do, what is the best way to get one put n the bed?

Any info gratefully received. Thank you.

I haven't come across egg crate mattress toppers on any P&O ship, but our cabin on Azura had a lovely thick quilted topper.

However, the harder the bed, the better for us, so it may still be very hard for you.

Have a great time - she's a wonderful ship.

Having not been on Azura but has sailed 4 times on Ventura I must say that the beds/mattress was one of the comfiest ones we have ever slept in, it did have the topper had many a good night’s sleep. In fact we ordered from the same suppler who makes all the quits and pillows for P&O, local to us here up north. They are very good

If you do need a mattress topper just ask your cabin steward or deck supervisor and they will arrange. I have had to do this several times as I suffer from trochanteric bursistis and found the mattresses overly hard. Some of the ships have new ones though, and they are fine.

Archived