Girl in lift on Ventura

Freecall

Has anybody noticed the unusual accent of the girl who did the deck announcements in the lifts on Ventura?

Somehow I just can’t place it. It seems to be a slightly slurred Aussie accent with a touch of Geordie.

Any ideas?

Has anybody noticed the unusual accent of the girl who did the deck announcements in the lifts on Ventura?

Somehow I just can’t place it. It seems to be a slightly slurred Aussie accent with a touch of Geordie.

Any ideas?

Seems pretty obvious really.

She must come from Newcastle (New South Wales) :D:D

J

I've called him off:D.

Actually, I read the thread because I thought it was going to be one of those terribly romantic moments, when young man sees beautiful girl in lift, can't pluck up the courage to speak to her, and is now trying desperately to make contact so that they can trot off happily into the sunset and live happily ever after.

I was going to claim it was me...

Mary:)

...Actually, I read the thread because I thought it was going to be one of those terribly romantic moments, when young man sees beautiful girl in lift, can't pluck up the courage to speak to her, and is now trying desperately to make contact so that they can trot off happily into the sunset and live happily ever after....

Oh, you old romantic you! I'm going to display my Cunard board credentials here because I only read it because I thought the OP was going to complain about something!!! :D

J

Any ideas?

No, never been on Ventura. She's probably Geordie after having enjoyed a good night out :D

I do remember that voice quite posh how she pronounced proomanarrrd deck in a very long way. Funny how small things you remember:)

Exactly!

'proomanarrrd deck' sounds about right as does 'aoostralia deck'.

But I still think that its a funny kind of posh. Its definitely not the usual precise neo-rp kind of voice that is usually used in lifts.

The best one is ''Dominica, Deck Nooiiine''

Hee hee! Sounds fascinating. I can't remember what the voice is like on the Cunard ships but I'm sure it's not as entertaining as that.

But, when I first saw the lifts in the building I work in, I spotted that they were made by Schindler. I thought "Schindler's Lift - they're havin' a laugh!"

:D:D

J

Hee hee! Sounds fascinating. I can't remember what the voice is like on the Cunard ships but I'm sure it's not as entertaining as that.

But, when I first saw the lifts in the building I work in, I spotted that they were made by Schindler. I thought "Schindler's Lift - they're havin' a laugh!"

:D:D

J

Funnily enough the ones on Ventura are 'Schindler's Lift's' too :D

Archived