Bisto on P&O

balf

There is a thread on the Cunard page about food. I ventured the comment that the food I had experienced recently with P&O was easily up to the standard of Cunard (I have sailed both fairly recently) I got outraged comments about Jam Rolly Polly, frozen vegetables and Bisto gravy for dinner, none of which I found on Aurora recently.

So, is P&O serving poor food generally, or is it that they cater more for what is termed "British food" used in a derogatory way?

David.

There is a thread on the Cunard page about food. I ventured the comment that the food I had experienced recently with P&O was easily up to the standard of Cunard (I have sailed both fairly recently) I got outraged comments about Jam Rolly Polly, frozen vegetables and Bisto gravy for dinner, none of which I found on Aurora recently.

So, is P&O serving poor food generally, or is it that they cater more for what is termed "British food" used in a derogatory way?

David.

No it is some of the baffons on Cunard thinking they are better than anyone else.

Gan canny

David.

Bet they've never been on P&O! Anyway, I happen to be quite partial to some jam roly poly and custard :D

No it is some of the baffons on Cunard thinking they are better than anyone else.

Gan canny

The "Bisto" quote was mine. Despite much evidence to the contrary, modesty precludes the belief that I am better than anyone else:D.

What is a baffon? Until I know, I have no idea if I am one.

Mary:)

I have to say I think the food is better on Cunard ships, but it's subjective isn't it? It just means it suits me better.

But there's more to a cruise than the food - for me anyway! Its but a small part of the holiday.

Er no. Actually for me and my family, good food is very important.

I've found the food on P&O to be generally excellent, but it wasn't that great on our cruise on Ventura for the first week. I reckoned it was because the replacement staff couldn't get out because of the weather - when they did get to the ship, in the second week, the quality of the food improved immeasurably.

I am a lover of Cunard, Princess and P&O and I think all the food is good. I would like to see what some of these moaners eat at home or for that matter know of their real experience of eating in 4/5 star restraurants. Also looking at the way they pile their plates up in Bistro's it looks like they havent eaten for a year.

the food is simply a part of my holiday. Somebody else cooking for me is the best!! I usually enjoy the food, although some nights I might have a problem choosing, but not everyone likes everything. I'm in the "eat to live" category. Two courses at dinner is enough for me these days. I am usually gobsmacked when I see someone eating breakfast and then see them wolfind down a hamburger and chips at 11.30???????

the food is simply a part of my holiday. Somebody else cooking for me is the best!! I usually enjoy the food, although some nights I might have a problem choosing, but not everyone likes everything. I'm in the "eat to live" category. Two courses at dinner is enough for me these days. I am usually gobsmacked when I see someone eating breakfast and then see them wolfind down a hamburger and chips at 11.30???????

Well said Jean, couldn't have put it better myself! :)

All things considered.. the food.. is excellent... the quality of the fish on P&O is very high...(some comes from Brixham)... like all things some meals suit some more than others.. they do seem to try to cater for all tastes... you can pre order something if you really want say a steak or what ever if you ask it can be arranged ( they do like notice if you order off menu ) people with dietary needs are well catered for... there is a good variety on the menu... I miss the consumume ( spelling? ) Which I was told they made themselves..

There is an endless choice available and 24 hours .. which back in 1995( when we first cruised) wasnt the case...

When you see the size of the galley for the numbers of people on board its never going to compete with a restaurant at home...but it comes very close.

No doubt the food is better on Cunard but then you are paying more so you would expect it to be better wouldnt you?

P&O porrige is lovely as well...

Archived