Anyone use the Vacation Vault?

ready123go

http://www.amazon.com/Vacation-Vault-Black-7-5-7-0/dp/B004S48GUA/ref=pd_sim_sbs_hg_1

I have been looking at this thing for since spring. Do you have it? Do you use it? Do you like it (why)? Do you hate it (why)? Do you try to hang it discreetly (under towels and such)? Did you pick a color that is vibrant or something that is more "camouflaged"?

Any info would be appreciated.

TIA

Someone had posted on another thread that they have this and use it for all of the things that they would take into port (phone, s&s, camera, etc). They didn't go into details of whether they liked it or what color, etc however they did say that a kindle or similar does NOT fit in it.

I've been looking at it as well but then wonder how much I'd actually use it. lol.

I wouldn't use it. Just looks like one more thing to pack when the in room safe works great and fits my ipad. They are cute though and if I did get one I'd get a vibrant color or I'd tend to lose it in a shadowy closet.

No, but we have a PacSafe travel safe like this one:

51jrsskxp8L._AA160_.jpg

We replaced the lock with a combination so we don't have to keep up with keys. We take it to the beach (attach it to a lounge chair or umbrella), on boats for snorkel excursions, in hotels that don't have a safe, and hook it to the OMG :eek: bar in my car so we can leave the GPS and iPod in there with the top down.

Someone had posted on another thread that they have this and use it for all of the things that they would take into port (phone, s&s, camera, etc). They didn't go into details of whether they liked it or what color, etc however they did say that a kindle or similar does NOT fit in it.

I've been looking at it as well but then wonder how much I'd actually use it. lol.

Thanks for the info. I'll do a search and PM any posters.

I think this item would be for beach use for us. There are only two of us, so it might be nice to leave things and go in the water together. It wouldn't prevent someone who was determined, but it would deter the casual 'thief', especially if it were camouflaged under a beach towel or with another beach bag.

No, but we have a PacSafe travel safe like this one:

51jrsskxp8L._AA160_.jpg

We replaced the lock with a combination so we don't have to keep up with keys. We take it to the beach (attach it to a lounge chair or umbrella), on boats for snorkel excursions, in hotels that don't have a safe, and hook it to the OMG :eek: bar in my car so we can leave the GPS and iPod in there with the top down.

How is it for attracting attention? My concern is anything that screams, "Alert! Valuables Inside!"

Is it difficult to get the sand off of it?

How is it for attracting attention? My concern is anything that screams, "Alert! Valuables Inside!"

Is it difficult to get the sand off of it?

We usually just toss a towel over it, it's not huge, and if you wrap the cord around the arm of the chair a person would have to carry the chair away to take it! Now THAT would attract some attention! It's made of the same kind of stuff a bank bag is made of, so not easily cut into. It's great for a little more peace of mind - camera, iPod, some $$ and S&S cards fit just fine.

Fairly smooth, so sand just brushes off. We've had it for several years and it's come in handy often.

Archived