Shower stool??

uppitycats

OK, so I just got an email from my travel agent, telling me that my reservation for my cruise on Holland America, June 1 to Alaska, cabin #FF1955 is confirmed...

...and asking if I wanted to add a shower seat?!! :eek:

Please tell me that #FF1955 IS a wheelchair accessible cabin, and that there IS a shower bench already in the shower??!!

My agent maybe is just reading off a list of "extras" they can provide..as she also asked about whether I needed a raised toilet seat? and refrigerator (no to the fridge for sure...but what about the toilet seat??)

Gettin' nervous, here!!

OK, so I just got an email from my travel agent, telling me that my reservation for my cruise on Holland America, June 1 to Alaska, cabin #FF1955 is confirmed...

...and asking if I wanted to add a shower seat?!! :eek:

Please tell me that #FF1955 IS a wheelchair accessible cabin, and that there IS a shower bench already in the shower??!!

My agent maybe is just reading off a list of "extras" they can provide..as she also asked about whether I needed a raised toilet seat? and refrigerator (no to the fridge for sure...but what about the toilet seat??)

Gettin' nervous, here!!

Hi

Your cabin is listed as being a handicap cabin. Have a great cruise!!!!!!:)

I found the deck plan for Amsterdam and it does show that cabin FF1955 is fully wheelchair accessible. Amsterdam Deck Plans Your cabin is on the Dolphin deck at the very back of the ship.

From HAL's website: Our Wheelchair Accessible Staterooms offer features such as wider entry doors, roll-in showers with grab bars, benches/seats, and hand-held shower nozzles, as well as lowered closet and towel rods. I don't see mention of a raised toilet seat so that might be something that you need to request extra.

That's an oddly shaped cabin. I assume the part jutting out is the bathroom but not sure. Other than that, it doesn't appear to be any bigger than the surrounding non-HC cabins. I don't know if you realized this, but your cabin connects with 1953 next door.

Maybe someone either on the board or on the HAL main board can provide more details about the cabin. I've read a few complaints about some of HAL's HC cabins being a little "tight" but I'm not sure if your cabin is one that was mentioned.

Thanks, I did find the cabin on the deck plans and noted the configuration. I know that one complaint about the cabin is that it IS way in the back -- kind of hard for someone who has limited mobility and uses a walker or cane, but shouldn't be a huge problem in a power chair....assuming people don't block the hallway with their food service stuff!

I told my TA to order the shower chair and raised toilet seat just in case the cabin doesn't already have them...and once I get all the confirmation papers in order I guess I'll call HAL to check, too.

Archived