NCL Spirit Cabin Question

Kruz Guys

I've searched before posting this and couldn't find any information so here is my question.

Are there any noise issues in the Aft facing balcony cabins or suites on deck 9? The Buccaneer's Wet & Wild is above and the Stardust Theatre is below these cabins.

I searched cruiseadvise dot org for reviews of deck 9 and there was no mention of noise issues. In fact decks 9 and 10 were highly rated.

So, if you have stayed in any of the aft facing balcony cabins or suites can you please give your opinion of them?

Thanks for any info.

Kruz Guys

Stephen and Tom

We've stayed back there before and neither of these, theater or wet and wild were an issue. The kids area gets quiet early and is never to bad. The last show in Stardust is over pretty early so no problems there. The only thing we noticed was the propellers/thrusters at times were a tad noisy when slowing down or docking. There seems to be a crew/passenger door back there that gets slammed every now and then.

These are all suites back there and very nice.

We have been in the aft suites twice and loved them. No noise what so ever from above. The view is beautiful. I believe you would be very happy.

There were pictures of one of the aft suites on YouTube last year when I was researching the cruise.

Enjoy!

I've searched before posting this and couldn't find any information so here is my question.

Are there any noise issues in the Aft facing balcony cabins or suites on deck 9? The Buccaneer's Wet & Wild is above and the Stardust Theatre is below these cabins.

I searched cruiseadvise dot org for reviews of deck 9 and there was no mention of noise issues. In fact decks 9 and 10 were highly rated.

So, if you have stayed in any of the aft facing balcony cabins or suites can you please give your opinion of them?

Thanks for any info.

Kruz Guys

Stephen and Tom

We had noise problems on the Spirit (deck 10, aft) earlier this year. The problems were early in the morning when the crew was cleaning and getting ready for the opening of the buffet. Other than that, we loved our cabin. We didn't have problems becasuse of the kids pool or anything.

Nita

We had noise problems on the Spirit (deck 10, aft) earlier this year. The problems were early in the morning when the crew was cleaning and getting ready for the opening of the buffet. Other than that, we loved our cabin. We didn't have problems becasuse of the kids pool or anything.

Nita

Thanks Nita for the info. It is greatly appreciated.

Stephen

When we were on the Spirit in September, we stayed in an aft (interior) room right by the kids area and right outside was the kids pool. We were on deck 10 however. I had this same question prior to cruising. Although we did PICK this room due to the fact that it was our first cruise with our youngest that was 3 years old and we wanted to be close to the kiddie area, but yet like everyone else, didn't want to be disturbed by non-stop kid noise either.

We heard nothing from the kids either inside or outside. The only time we heard anything was when people were walking in the halls and talking.

Now, I can offer this... We had ask the kids center about the open play time they offered in the evenings (our daughter loved the gym time where she could run and play in the tunnels and ball pit) and I was told that their open play time in the evenings were different than that during the day. They do not allow them to do the gym because of it being later in the afternoon and there were rooms above, below, and beside the center and they wished to respect the noise factor to those cabins. :) They have tons of planned sit down activities with the kids in the afternoons and there is a lot of story time, crafts and also movie time during the evenings. I wouldn't worry too much. :D

When we were on the Spirit in September, we stayed in an aft (interior) room right by the kids area and right outside was the kids pool. We were on deck 10 however. I had this same question prior to cruising. Although we did PICK this room due to the fact that it was our first cruise with our youngest that was 3 years old and we wanted to be close to the kiddie area, but yet like everyone else, didn't want to be disturbed by non-stop kid noise either.

We heard nothing from the kids either inside or outside. The only time we heard anything was when people were walking in the halls and talking.

Now, I can offer this... We had ask the kids center about the open play time they offered in the evenings (our daughter loved the gym time where she could run and play in the tunnels and ball pit) and I was told that their open play time in the evenings were different than that during the day. They do not allow them to do the gym because of it being later in the afternoon and there were rooms above, below, and beside the center and they wished to respect the noise factor to those cabins. :) They have tons of planned sit down activities with the kids in the afternoons and there is a lot of story time, crafts and also movie time during the evenings. I wouldn't worry too much. :D

Thanks so much for this review of your experiences. Very good information and very helpful. :D

Archived