Parisian Winter Holiday

Jesterscourt

Will be going on the 8 day Uniworld Parisian Holiday trip at the end of Dec. Can anyone comment on this trip as it seems to be a bit different than the usual Normandy Beaches, Honfleur, or Giverny itinerary. It seems the ship is docked in Paris for several days before and after the cruise. I heard it is docked on the Quai de Grenelle about 15 min from Trocadero/Eiffel Tower area. It looks like a convenient location. What is nearest Metro stop?

Hi -

The ship docks right by Citroen Park - very close to a metro stop.

There were metro tickets available to purchase at the desk on the River Baroness (at least there was when we were sailed a few years ago...)

We also found an ATM very close --> looking towards the park from the boat, you will see some tall glass modern buildings to your right... we found the ATM in one of those.

Fran

I just started my own post about this cruise before seeing this one so I decided I would write my question here also.

What is Paris like in December? We usually travel in the warmer months and my husband has some concerns about traveling in December. Would we disappointed traveling at this time of year?

Unfortunately, December in Paris is generally cold, and often rainy or icy. Temperatures approach or descend below zero. Snow is rare and when it does come it usually melts on hitting the ground, often turning into a sludgy slush that can be both irritating and dangerous to navigate without good traction on your shoes. Wind chill can make cold seem more biting

• 1 year later...

What is Paris like in December? We usually travel in the warmer months and my husband has some concerns about traveling in December. Would we disappointed traveling at this time of year?

We often travel to Europe in December (will be in France and Switzerland this Christmas and NYE in Berlin) as that is when we have the time to do so with our work schedules.

We find that the lower prices and Christmas markets and festivities more than compensate for the cold weather. Just pack appropriate attire and footwear and enjoy!

Archived