Any Thoughts on the Century???

Zuzie1

I just booked an Inside Guarentee cabin on the 5/8 sailing of the Century. I just wanted to know your thoughts on the ship. How is she holding up? I sailed on the Mercury when she was first launched in 1998, and really enjoyed it. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

S/S Atlantic 7/92

Mercury 7/98

Grand Princess 7/99

QE2 8/00

Randiance of the Seas 8/01

NCL Star 7/02

Century 5/04

Zuzie1,

Check us out on the roll call page! We have over 30 people!! Welcome aboard! Be sure to sign up for the CC party at the top of the roll call page!

Celebrity Century 5/8/04 -Western Caribbean

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;5;8;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Carnival Ecstasy 2/04 - Baja

Tahitian Princess 2/03- French Polynesia

Sea Princess 7/02 - Alaska

Carnival Ecstasy 5/02 - Baja

Royal Caribbean Monarch 10/00 - Southern Caribbean

Carnival Elation 10/99 - Mexican Riviera

Royal Caribbean Monarch 1/97 - Southern Caribbean

Thanks Princess. Quick question about shore excursions. I have never sailed the caribbean before, is it worth booking excursions through the ship or on your own once in port?

S/S Atlantic 7/92

Mercury 7/98

Grand Princess 7/99

QE2 8/00

NCL Star 7/02

Century 5/04

Zuzie

I am on the 8/22 Century with an outside guarantee Y. Today I got my cabin assignment -8210-pretty good! I have researched some of the beaches in both Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios if you would like recommendations. Just let me know via this board.

Enjoy!

Let us know how it went.

Judy -

Horizon

Zenith

Grandeur of Seas

Nordic Empress

Constellation

Zuiderdam

Millenium

Zaandam

Century- 5/22/04

It is always a better deal to book on your own, in my opinion. Come to our roll call page and we have listed some of the excursions we are taking in Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios. You can also visit the Ports page and there are a lot of suggestions there.

Momrox1:

Not to burst your bubble, but isn't the Crystal Room right below your cabin? The band plays music there until 12:30am. Wonder if anyone can say whether the noise is heard or not?

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;5;8;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0800

[This message was edited by Princess-of-Quite-alot on 04-28-04 at 05:00 PM.]

[This message was edited by Princess-of-Quite-alot on 04-28-04 at 05:01 PM.]

Y'all will just love the Century! We had a couple of fabulous trips on her & have since graduated up to the M class & love them just as much, in fact we just plain LOVE CELEBRITY!!! icon_wink.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

Rosie

E-mail me <a href="mailto:JNLROSE@AOL.COM">here</a href>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

CELEBRITY MERCURY HERE I COME!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JNLROSE:

Y'all will just love the Century! We had a couple of fabulous trips on her & have since graduated up to the M class <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now Rosie, that sounded a bit snooty to me! icon_rolleyes.gif

Peg!

Pulllleeeeze! Would I EVER be snobby???!! I love the Century! Always will. What I meant was I stepped up to a bigger sized ship with more pax, a few more amenities is all!!! The M class ships offer different things & is as happens, my personal choice. Now, having said that, we're sailing the Mercury which would be right in between the Century & the Summit!

So there! My explanation!

OK???? Are we alright here? I have enough fighting on another board to deal with! I love all you guys! I also LOVE THE CENTURY!!!!

Rosie

E-mail me <a href="mailto:JNLROSE@AOL.COM">here</a href>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

CELEBRITY MERCURY HERE I COME!!!

Oh Rosie...

we be cool! icon_cool.gif It was just the way it was worded..I know you are not at all a snobby person!! I THINK YOU ARE GREAT!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Momrox-

I would appreciate any info on the beaches you have. We got our cabin assignment yesterday and we are on deck 9! Thanks for all your help.

S/S Atlantic 7/92

Mercury 7/98

Grand Princess 7/99

QE2 8/00

NCL Star 7/02

Century 5/04

We have only been on 2 cruises and both were on the Century. We did the Western Caribbean route in 2002 and the Eastern route in March of 2004.

Since we have never been on any other ships, we cannot compare Century to others, but we LOVED the Century. It is a beautiful, well-kept ship. The cabins are well-designed, modern and very attractive. All the areas of the ship are outstanding and look brand new (in our opinion). The food is great...the dinners are the highlight of everday. It's so elegant, it's like old-school dining on the Titanic (minus the iceberg!)

Our favorite excursions (we booked our own):

Western Caribbean:

Cozumel: Taxi to Chankanaab Park (where we snorkeled and hung on the beach) followed by a late lunch at Pancho's Backyard (AWESOME food!!!!)

Grand Cayman: Stingray City with Captain Marvin. Really fun!!! One of our best excursions.

Key West: Conch Train tour and browsing around, shopping. We love this tour because it's fun and gives you a really good overview of Key West. You get to see all the beautiful architecture. Also...Fort Zachary Taylor state park beach is the most beautiful beach (and really the only good swimming beach in Key West).

Ocho Rios: Tour with Peat Taylor to Dunn's River Falls, shopping and beach. He's a great tour guide and reasonable. Watch out for aggressive salespeople. They are relentless.

St. Thomas: Tour of the island with Godfrey. Very good tour guide and reasonable. We went to Megan's Beach but if I had to do it again, I think I'd try Coki or Saffire. Agressive salespeople in town and way too many jewelry stores.

St. Martin: Hopped a cab over to the French side (Marigot). Walked around...cute town and no aggressive salespeople! Then another cab to Orient Beach. Words cannot describe how beautiful this beach is. Similar to Cancun (minus the resorts).

Nassau: Took a taxi over to Paradise Island and hung out on their beach. Then back into town for browsing the shops. Didn't have a lot of time here but we thought it was a nice place, from what we could see.

San Juan: Walked into town to Parrot Club for dinner. EXCELLENT food!!! And excellent Mojitos (drink). They have this drink called Passion punch, or something like that. It's incredible. Then we just walked around town admiring the beautiful Spanish Colonial architecture.

IF you have any specific questions about the Century our the excursions we took, feel free to e-mail me at luvgirl18@hotmail.com

Patty

SassyGirl:

Before I read your message, I WAS going to sail on the May 8 Century. But not if they don't offer an iceberg!

I don't understand what it is with Celebrity ships and icebergs. I hear the British lines offer icebergs!

I want my money back.

The Century is such a classy ship. You will not be disappointed!! There is another thread on here about the Century that has TONS of responses. I suggest checking it out for loads of information about her. We took her to the W. Carib. last May. GREAT time. I highly recommend looking at the "ports o call" msg boards on here for the islands you are visiting. They are SO helpful! HAVE FUN!!!

icon_smile.gif

danielle

Century 5/24/03

Majesty of the Seas 6/3/02

Chandris Victoria Summer 1984

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2005;5;22;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500 till I cruise for my honeymoon!!

Archived