Transderm Scop Patch Question

BlackJack2

I use them too. I have more problems with them coming off in the shower than in salt water. If you do loose one, the effectiveness of the meds don't wear off right away, so you should be okay until you get back to the ship.

I've put a large band-aid over my patch in the shower after I have worn it awhile, that seemed to help. I've also just stuck it back on after it's fallen off too, and it didn't seem to change the strength.

The consistent side effect I have from the patches in constant dry mouth. On my next cruise I'm going to try Biotene Dry Mouth Mouthwash to see if it helps.

Has anyone ever used a Dry Mouth Mouthwash to aleviate the dry mouth side effect?

I will be using Transderm Scop patches on our next cruise. We will be snorkeling in a lot of the ports. Does anyone know if salt/ocean water effects the patch?

While I value the comments and opinions of cruise critic members, I would still go to my doctor or pharmacist for questions about prescription meds.

I use the patches on every cruise & never had any trouble with the salt water. The few times that they have come off has had more to do with how I applied them. Follow the directions on the package and make sure the area is oil free. When I was in a hurry and skipped that step, they came off within a day or so.

I have used the patches on my past four or five cruises. They have never really fallen off, but they seem to get water under the patches and my skin gets very irritated. I use them because if I don't, I probably won't be able to leave my room for the entire cruise. By the end of the cruise I have red circular rough patches behind my ears, but it's worth it!

Archived