anyone else waiting for a guarantee cabin im feeling your pain

echotumi

Excuse me. If you'll simmer down and read more carefully, you'll note that I was saying that it is the phone reps who are the ones who often don't know what they're talking about or who could be making stuff up. But hey, as long as you had a chance to burn off some of your surfeit of exclamation points, I guess it's all good.

LOL. Completely out of exclamation points. Sorry if I took offense where none was intended. I do think that the rep I talked to was correct about my booking...not sure exactly how it came to be marked no upgrade (I booked on phone with princess rep so did not check boxes myself). I booked 5 cabins all in same phone conversation. All I know is that the mini guarantee and the 3 other OV guarantees all got cabin assigments weeks prior to mine...all of the OV received the minimum upgrade from GG to F but no assignment for my cabin. Daily (sometimes twice daily) checking revealed plenty of availability of the F cabins so really did not understand why mine was not assigned. Even though it is sorta silly her explanation that it was marked do not upgrade made sense and the day after the rep told me she removed the do not upgrade status from my reservation, I got assigned to a F cabin, so it looks like she was correct. I do know what you mean about reps making things up since the first time I asked about it, I was told that they did the assignments in alphabetical order and since my name started with S mine would come weeks after the others. Now, really? That guy did not even sound convincing. So you do never know. We sail in about 90 hours so all is right in my world.

on the 9th day of waiting my princess rep said to me , it may take till i get to the port. :rolleyes:

you should really expand on that....

on the 9th day of waiting my Princess rep said to me, no cabin until port

on the 8th day of waiting my Princess rep said to me, the food in the buffet is free

on the 7th day of waiting my Princess rep said to me.....

that could really catch on.

I thought I would let everyone know that we got our rooms. We went from obstructed view to window. We are happy.

So on the 4th day before sailing my Princess Rep said to me, We'll give you a window for free!:p

Glad to hear you'll get a good view! Happy Sailing!:D

Archived