anyone else waiting for a guarantee cabin im feeling your pain

echotumi

:eek::eek 15 dyas to go wanted to see if anyone else out there is waiting ,we always book them this is the closest we have ever been with out a cabin and yes i know it could be up till we sail. just out of maybe 15 we have done this way

checking 2x a day now :D

We are, but have a much longer wait than you- we don't sail until April!! We are admitted balcony snobs but the price on balconies was almost double the oceanview for our Sea Princess cruise, we hedged our bets a bit - booked the highest category oceanview (I think there are only 6 cabins in this category) and have our toes and fingers crossed to get a balcony. If not, we are happy with what we have and will have a wonderful trip! Like you, we are just anxious to find out!! Good luck!

Good luck! what category did you book? Checking twice a day is a good idea. That is how I found out about my cabin. On last years cruise on the Sapphire, I found out about my cabin two days before sailing.

cat m .. one cruise with princess we booked that and got a ocean view .. my mom booked same day as we did and got her cabin right away ,,:) we are happy just to get on the ship , we paid a very low price so guess we will see . fingers crossed

Good luck! what category did you book? Checking twice a day is a good idea. That is how I found out about my cabin. On last years cruise on the Sapphire, I found out about my cabin two days before sailing.

we have sailed it 3 times and loved it just wanted a change and we cruise on my b day, have a fun trip

We booked an inside guarantee 4 months ago for an 11-20 sailing. We just got our cabin assignment 2 days ago ( 11 days out ). Yesterday I checked again and we were upgraded to an ocean view. That was the longest we ever had to wait. That was also the first upgrade we have ever gotten in 15 cruises. I guess good things come to those who wait.

We booked an inside guarantee 4 months ago for an 11-20 sailing. We just got our cabin assignment 2 days ago ( 11 days out ). Yesterday I checked again and we were upgraded to an ocean view. That was the longest we ever had to wait. That was also the first upgrade we have ever gotten in 15 cruises. I guess good things come to those who wait.

congrats on the up grade were 14 days out.. have a great trip,

:eek::eek 15 dyas to go wanted to see if anyone else out there is waiting ,we always book them this is the closest we have ever been with out a cabin and yes i know it could be up till we sail. just out of maybe 15 we have done this way

checking 2x a day now :D

I feel your pain!!!!!!!!!!! Have a GG obstructed view Guarantee booked on Ruby 11/20 sailing and still do not have a cabin assignment. Family group going booked 5 cabins (4 GG and one AD) all guarantees...The mini and 3 of the 4 ocean views got assignments maybe 2 weeks ago but none for me. I called Princess about a week ago and asked "hey can you check and see if there is some reason I have not rec'd assignment". Get this one!! Guy says well your name starts with S and they assign cabins in alphabetical order so you will get assigned later. OK. Then friday I called just to see if there were any upsells being offered for our cruise...lady says no upsells but she discovers that my booking was marked DO NOT UPGRADE!! Well since there are only 4 GG cabins on the whole ship and since they offered a special rate and sold tons of GG cabins (our group booked 4!!) they may never have been able to give me an assignment if they could not upgrade me. So she removed that and I expect an assignment soon....Long story but you might check and make sure your reservation not marked NO UPGRADE. Don't know how mine got that way since I would always welcome any upgrade.

I feel your pain!!!!!!!!!!! Have a GG obstructed view Guarantee booked on Ruby 11/20 sailing and still do not have a cabin assignment. Family group going booked 5 cabins (4 GG and one AD) all guarantees...The mini and 3 of the 4 ocean views got assignments maybe 2 weeks ago but none for me. I called Princess about a week ago and asked "hey can you check and see if there is some reason I have not rec'd assignment". Get this one!! Guy says well your name starts with S and they assign cabins in alphabetical order so you will get assigned later. OK. Then friday I called just to see if there were any upsells being offered for our cruise...lady says no upsells but she discovers that my booking was marked DO NOT UPGRADE!! Well since there are only 4 GG cabins on the whole ship and since they offered a special rate and sold tons of GG cabins (our group booked 4!!) they may never have been able to give me an assignment if they could not upgrade me. So she removed that and I expect an assignment soon....Long story but you might check and make sure your reservation not marked NO UPGRADE. Don't know how mine got that way since I would always welcome any upgrade.

called princess and asked and it was marked no up grade :mad: anyway they un marked and said ill get a assmt soon so cross my fingers

I thought I had read somewhere how to take the do not upgrade off your online profile with Princess, can anyone tell me where that is or do we need to call? It seems kind of strange to me that a guarantee cabin would ever be marked as do not upgrade, kinda defeats the purpose of booking this category! :rolleyes:

I thought I had read somewhere how to take the do not upgrade off your online profile with Princess, can anyone tell me where that is or do we need to call? It seems kind of strange to me that a guarantee cabin would ever be marked as do not upgrade, kinda defeats the purpose of booking this category! :rolleyes:

There is no way to do that on your Peresonalizer; you have to call Princess.

It is not possible to book a guarantee and have it marked "do not upgrade." My suspicion is that, as in so many things, the two posters who were told that got reps who didn't know what they were talking about or were just making crap up.

There is no way to do that on your Peresonalizer; you have to call Princess.

It is not possible to book a guarantee and have it marked "do not upgrade." My suspicion is that, as in so many things, the two posters who were told that got reps who didn't know what they were talking about or were just making crap up.

and my suspicion is that posters who think they know everything accuse people who genuinely report the truth of "making crap up". If you know everything then you will never learn anything!!!!!!!!! I know that I called princess and they told me that my GG guarantee booking was marked no upgrade and she would unmark it. While you never know when dealing with a customer service rep on the phone whether they know what they are talking about or not, this lady certainly sounded competent and she did not offer that information as a possible explanation etc, she read it straight off of the booking. And clearly the OP got the same answer....I hope that posting my experience helped him. Who were you trying to help by accusing both the OP and I of making crap up??

I agree that it doesn't make sense for a guarantee cabin to be marked no upgrade and certainly did not ask for that. I booked the cabin on the phone with Princess not online so maybe they did that by mistake. Maybe some people just really want to keep that coveted GG cabin!!! I don't know. But that is what Princess said was on the reservation.

I agree that it doesn't make sense for a guarantee cabin to be marked no upgrade and certainly did not ask for that. I booked the cabin on the phone with Princess not online so maybe they did that by mistake. Maybe some people just really want to keep that coveted GG cabin!!! I don't know. But that is what Princess said was on the reservation.

i think what happened to me was when i did mine online it came back as waitlisted. so when we called to get un waitlisted maybe it happened on mon my wife takes over with princess and she will call we like where the cat are that we booked why we did it but a nice up grade is always nice ,,ill let ya know how it all works out

Just checked online and YAY finally got a cabin assignment so looks like removing that "NO UPGRADE" status was the real deal after all. Got the same F category that rest of my party received weeks ago. My brother had previously called and swapped cabins within the F category and gotten all 3 of the others side by side. This morning when i noticed that I had finally gotten an assignment, I called and was able to be reassigned to a cabin only 2 doors down from rest of family. They swapped from one F cabin to another with no fuss at all...the rep that answered phone did it routinely.

We received our cabin assignment two weeks ago. Booked a BE and received a BE. Only guarantees were being offered when we booked it, and the one we received is beside the dividing line between the BE and the BD cabins--so it's not the most forward BE we could have gotten.

The latest we've found out our cabin assignment with a guarantee is four days before a cruise. The earliest was before the final payment date. We've met people who have found out at the pier. Some of them, however, probably did not check the Cruise Personalizer as frequently as I would to try to find out.

and my suspicion is that posters who think they know everything accuse people who genuinely report the truth of "making crap up". If you know everything then you will never learn anything!!!!!!!!! I know that I called princess and they told me that my GG guarantee booking was marked no upgrade and she would unmark it. While you never know when dealing with a customer service rep on the phone whether they know what they are talking about or not, this lady certainly sounded competent and she did not offer that information as a possible explanation etc, she read it straight off of the booking. And clearly the OP got the same answer....I hope that posting my experience helped him. Who were you trying to help by accusing both the OP and I of making crap up??

Excuse me. If you'll simmer down and read more carefully, you'll note that I was saying that it is the phone reps who are the ones who often don't know what they're talking about or who could be making stuff up. But hey, as long as you had a chance to burn off some of your surfeit of exclamation points, I guess it's all good.

Archived