Summit Dining Room - Best Tables?

gsutiger2

You don't actually get to choose your table location in the dining room. It's assigned.

When you get onboard, check the daily newsletter to see what time the Maitre d' will be available at the dining room that afternoon. Then go up and ask to see your table location. If it's horrible, or if you're seated at a small table and want a large table, or vice versa, you can ask for a change. Keep in mind that the vast majority of the tables are pre-assigned and if you say, "I want THAT table" there is a domino effect and chances are good they won't be able to accommodate you.

We have only ever had one table we didn't love, right beside the service station, but it certainly didn't ruin our cruise :).

Thank you both for your response. I just want to ensure we are not put in a high traffic area and it would be nice to snag something by a window.

It really seems to be luck of the draw as to which table you get. We are Elite cruisers and in fact twice we were awarded 'most Celebrity cruises' on our cruise and we have not lucked into a table by the window in years. Not sure how the tables get assigned. Best advice is what you were given - see where your table is and if you don't like it go to the Maitre'd and try to get it changed. You may or may not have success with this but it is worth a try. You will not likely luck into a window table at that point, but you may get a better one.

Despite our status as frequent cruisers with X, we have had to do this a number of times as we have been situated crammed into a corner next to some type of kitchen support area, seated right next to a very business service area, seated in the corner near the door where there is zero ambiance, and seated along the railing upstairs as well but on the end in a table that really didn't have room for the number of people in our party.

I know I sound like an old grump with these descriptions but they are true. If caught in these cases we try to change and if we are succesful, then great. If not we suck it up and don't let it spoil a minute of our experience.

Archived