In light of the recent "Children" problems...

cynt

I wonder which cruiseline will have the first adults only cruise. I'm thinking 25 and older. Maybe 21 and older.

This is forcing me to cruise or more expensive cruises...Crystal, Radisson. I knew rowdy children would soon spoil the lower priced cruises. I cruise this summer on carnival and now I'm regretting it. I usually travel before spring break so I miss the spring breakers. I love kids (over Children's Ministry at my church) but I strongly dislike children who misbehave and their parents do not control them. UGH!?!?!?!?

What's your thoughts?

I wonder which cruiseline will have the first adults only cruise. I'm thinking 25 and older. Maybe 21 and older.

First? :confused: X has been offering 3-4 "adults only" sailings annually for a number of years. The last one was 11-days Mex Riviera over New Years, a *very* attractive time and itinerary. Haven't seen any scheduled for 2005 as of yet.

Sadly Celebrity does not offer Adult only cruises. We choose to cruise when school is in session to avoid unruly children. Or we choose to cruise lines that do not cater to children. I love children too but would not want a vacation ruined by parents who will not control their children.

Sadly Celebrity does not offer Adult only cruises. We choose to cruise when school is in session to avoid unruly children. Or we choose to cruise lines that do not cater to children. I love children too but would not want a vacation ruined by parents who will not control their children.

What?

Sadly Celebrity does not offer Adult only cruises.

No, they just have not announced any 2005 sailings as of yet. It very well may be that there will not be any this year, which would be a *huge* mistake.

The 12/27/04 sailing of the Mercury was the last one. 11-days Mexican Riviera from San Diego. We'd have done that one in a heartbeat had we not had other travel plans.

I hate to say this, but my experience is often the opposite - the kids behave fine, it is many of the the adults who act like imbeciles and make a "popular line" cruise less fun. I am sure you all know the type - chair hogs, line cutters, too-much-to-drinkers, overall-ill-mannered-loudmouthed-boorish types, who act as if they have never been away from home before and are completely lacking in common courtesy and social graces?

Nothing better than being on a ship with a few thousand of the above types. :)

I hate to say this, but my experience is often the opposite - the kids behave fine, it is many of the the adults who act like imbeciles and make a "popular line" cruise less fun. I am sure you all know the type - chair hogs, line cutters, too-much-to-drinkers, overall-ill-mannered-loudmouthed-boorish types, who act as if they have never been away from home before and are completely lacking in common courtesy and social graces?

Nothing better than being on a ship with a few thousand of the above types. :)

Here we go....:rolleyes:

II knew rowdy children would soon spoil the lower priced cruises.

Where did you get this information?

Doesn't sound too logical.

Carnival is one of the best priced cruises out there. They cater to children and families. So I'm not understanding your point.:confused:

By the way...spring break on the Valor was wonderful for us...didn't see one child or teen out of line. I don't feel you have a legitmate point; that due to rowdy kids good cruise prices are spoiled. I suppose now you are just going to sit back and watch the bickering. I never understand why someone intentionally starts a thread just to watch the fireworks.

I don't think that the OP wants to start a firestorm with this thread. Th OP is making a legitimate point. Some people don't want to be a ship with a lot of children. There is no way that you are going to avoid kids on a ship, but you can sail at times when there aren't as many. That's one reason we sail in the fall, to not be around as many children. Even when our child gets a little older and starts going on cruises with us, we will still continue to cruise in the fall.

I think that there will be a point in time when regularly scheduled adult cruises will occur because there will be a demand for it, but I doubt that Carnival will be the line to does it. They cater too much to the family. But someone will do it.

I think that there will be a point in time when regularly scheduled adult cruises will occur because there will be a demand for it, but I doubt that Carnival will be the line to does it. They cater too much to the family. But someone will do it.

Which exactly why CCL needs to pony up and build a couple "small" ships.

that is is luck of hte draw. I don't think you can say all cruises wtih kids will be bad or that a specific ship or line will be bad. Also, I don't think you have any guarantee of not having any "rowdy" adults or a guarantee on that type being on all cruises. Again, luck of hte draw! I agree that traveling "off peak" times will cut down on the number of children, thus the chances of rude behavior. We are taking our 3 kids (2, 6, and 11 then) Jan 14 on Glory. My kids would NOT be allowed to behave in that way at home or otherwise. Unfortunately all parents don't feel that way.

I don't think that the OP wants to start a firestorm with this thread. Th OP is making a legitimate point. Some people don't want to be a ship with a lot of children. There is no way that you are going to avoid kids on a ship, but you can sail at times when there aren't as many. That's one reason we sail in the fall, to not be around as many children. Even when our child gets a little older and starts going on cruises with us, we will still continue to cruise in the fall.

I agree with you except for the part where you said, "I don't think that the OP wants to start a firestorm with this thread. Th OP is making a legitimate point. " I think the OP knew exactly what they were doing. OP making this statment "I knew rowdy children would soon spoil the lower priced cruises. " Is asking for negative posts in response.

I do agree with everything else oyu have to say though.:)

livtojump

Carnival is not going to make smaller ships. They, as well as many other lines, are going in the opposite direction and building larger ships. I can't see the mass market cruiselines making ships smaller than the Spirit class ships.

oceantravel

I guess that is one person's opinion on the OP's original statement. I didn't take it as a negative comment, because the OP is not the only one that feels that way. Just one of the few brave enough to express that opinion on the boards. I don't necessarily agree with the comment, but the boards are suppose to be a forum for discussion, not argument. We all know though that some post bring out the worst in us.

livtojump

Carnival is not going to make smaller ships. They, as well as many other lines, are going in the opposite direction and building larger ships. I can't see the mass market cruiselines making ships smaller than the Spirit class ships.

oceantravel

I guess that is one person's opinion on the OP's original statement. I didn't take it as a negative comment, because the OP is not the only one that feels that way. Just one of the few brave enough to express that opinion on the boards. I don't necessarily agree with the comment, but the boards are suppose to be a forum for discussion, not argument. We all know though that some post bring out the worst in us.

Insert post #9 here!

livtojump

No I'm sure that's not in the plans. Never said the would...said they should. I don't think this would be a disaster like the Paradise.

No I'm sure that's not in the plans. Never said the would...said they should. I don't think this would be a disaster like the Paradise.

Maybe they should, but they won't. Guess we can go on the Yachts of Seabourn for more intimate cruises.

Maybe they should, but they won't. Guess we can go on the Yachts of Seabourn for more intimate cruises.

Sure if you're wealthy.:rolleyes:

The cruise lines, even the upscale ones, would offer a child-free cruise - IF IT WAS PROFITABLE. Celebrity tried that experiment last year and you can see the results - they aren't doing it anymore.

Best bet to avoid kids is to do like my in-laws - go while school is most likely in session (Jan-Feb, Nov-early Dec) and go to less popular destinations, such as the Panama Canal, Alaska, Canada, etc. Because these are off peak times, the deals are usually pretty good. They have been on a 14 day Panama Canal cruise in February for the price of a 7 day Caribbean in June.

Be honest, the reason the prices are still so good on cruising is to attract FAMILIES.

I heard this as well. I think the adults only cruises are a great option for those wishing to cruise childfree without breaking the bank, but it wasn't economically feasable for X. Not enough demand. Only time will tell if it will go over well on Carnival, but if I had to bet, I wouldn't count on it.

I knew rowdy children would soon spoil the lower priced cruises. What's your thoughts?

My thoughts are that the rowdy children are the reason for lower priced cruises, take them away and who's going to fill those triple and quad cabins? Not couples cruising for a romantic vacation, that's for sure.

Oh, and BTW, it's the inept adults who fail to parent the rowdy children who are to blame, not the kids.:rolleyes:

OK, Let me clarify. I just wanted to know which cruise lines you thought would begin offering adult only cruises. Nothing more, nothing less. No I was not trying to start a debate. Just wanted to know which cruiselines you thought would jump on the adult only market. That's all. I apologize if I ruffled any feathers. That was not my intent.

Archived