How is the coffee on the Lido deck or room service?

CrusinAgain

I am bringing a thermos and will either get room service the night before with coffee or go to the Lido deck and do the same. Having 4 sea days there is no telling what time we will get up to do room service in the mornings and I need my coffee first thing.

Suggestions? Room service or Lido? or is it as bad as Princess coffee where I would want to bring my own instant Via Starbucks. How late can I get coffee on the Miracle?

Thanks. Went on her before but that was 2005.

I have found that the room service coffee usually arrives lukewarm, so the Lido is better. However, I'm a fan of really good quality coffee. We grind our own at home and use a premium coffee. The Lido isn't anything like that. It's just OK, but it is hot. I hope this helps. Nancy

Been on the Miracle three times. Last time, was March. I too just gotta have my morning coffee. But I never order the night before, because I like to wake when I feel like. I usually order the room service as soon as I get up, and I have to give them credit for pretty fast room service every morning.

Unfortunately...the coffee was just awful, no matter where it came from. The Lido might have been a bit better, but it's really going to be a matter of your personal preference.

Just how particular are you about your coffee? If you say "very", then just how much room can that Starbuck's instant really take up in your luggage?. Try the coffee the first day. If it's totally unpalatable, then just order boiling water the rest of the week, and use the instant.

(Hint, if you want hot water from room service, you may want to just order hot tea. They will bring a carafe of hot water, and a tea bag. Just pocket the tea bag. Trying to make the

"Ruin Sorbees" person understand that you want a carafe of boiling water is just way more difficult than it's worth.

We just returned this morning from Ecstasy. We ordered 2 pots of coffee from room service each morning as we are COFFEE people. The coffee is not hot as others have stated. It really is just barely drinkable. We always hit the specialty coffee shop at least once a day.

When we sail on the Legend in Jan. I will definitely bring Starbucks instant. I tried it prior to this cruise and it was good, much better than the coffee on the ship.

We too grind our own beans at home and we truly enjoy a GOOD cup of coffee - NOT one of Carnival's strong points at all.

Susan

We just returned this morning from Ecstasy. We ordered 2 pots of coffee from room service each morning as we are COFFEE people. The coffee is not hot as others have stated. It really is just barely drinkable. We always hit the specialty coffee shop at least once a day.

When we sail on the Legend in Jan. I will definitely bring Starbucks instant. I tried it prior to this cruise and it was good, much better than the coffee on the ship.

We too grind our own beans at home and we truly enjoy a GOOD cup of coffee - NOT one of Carnival's strong points at all.

Susan

Okay so if I brought ground coffee and ordered hot water, how do you normally make this work? Starbucks is spendy for that instant one. Its a dollar per tube. Its okay but not that great.

I found the room service coffee better than the Lido deck.

My biggest thing was bringing a travel mug for my coffee - it takes too many of those "mini" cups they give you for me to have 1 real cup of coffee (but then I drink an extra large tim hortons every morning).

My mother ordered coffee 4 out of 5 mornings on our cruise last month, and only once did she say it wasn't super hot. The other mornings, she actually preferred the room service coffee. It all tasted the same to me, but I'm not a big coffee drinker ;)

We ordered room service coffee every morning and it was just fine. Make sure to indicate that you want sugar, Splenda, creamer, Skim etc.. for your coffee or you will just get a carafe of coffee and 2 cups. One morning we had our card marked to deliver it at 7:30 but we were up at 6 am so we just picked up the phone and called RS and told them to bring it as soon as they could. It was not a problem for them and it arrived within 10 min. So if you want it earlier than you indicated on your card just give them a call. :)

We ordered room service coffee every morning and it was just fine. Make sure to indicate that you want sugar, Splenda, creamer, Skim etc.. for your coffee or you will just get a carafe of coffee and 2 cups. One morning we had our card marked to deliver it at 7:30 but we were up at 6 am so we just picked up the phone and called RS and told them to bring it as soon as they could. It was not a problem for them and it arrived within 10 min. So if you want it earlier than you indicated on your card just give them a call. :)

Good information. I was wondering about Splenda and if they had it. The less I need to take makes it easier. 10 minutes? Is that the norm you think?

I found the coffee on our recent Legend cruise okay. But, I always take my small French press, order tea from room service and make my own. Even though the water isn't boiling it tastes better than the Lido stuff.

Okay, it looks like I will just forget getting it from the Lido deck then. All good info. Thanks much.

Good information. I was wondering about Splenda and if they had it. The less I need to take makes it easier. 10 minutes? Is that the norm you think?

This was right at 6am, so they probably were not too busy yet. For whatever reason, we just seem to be early risers when on a cruise and I am one that likes my coffee as soon as my feet hit the floor.

If you enjoy the flavored coffee creamers, Dollar General sells 2 different flavors that do not need refrigeration. They are the little individual cups of liquid creamer that are sold in a box of about 20. They sell for around $3. They do not have the flavored creamers on the ship so if this is something that you enjoy, remember to pack it.

:)

It's not fabulous, but it has caffiene and wakes me up. I find I don't drink coffee all morning like I do at home. I drink a couple of cups and I'm done.

If you want good coffee you need to pay for it at the coffee bar.

I think the coffee base is liquid instead of ground and I am not a fan, it reminds me of those Tassimo and one shot brands you make at home. I think it's icky but to each their own.

It's good enough with a shot of Baileys in it, or even bring on a powered flavored cream, that works just fine!!!

Cheers, Carole

A friend of mine brought on an unopened bottle of Baileys Irish coffee creamer and kept in in the ice bucket in their room and it worked for them.

I may try that next cruise, they say it makes the coffee palitble.

It is true the ship's coffee will wake me up and it definitely prevents me from dinking coffee all morning long, two cups is all a I can choke down, then it's off to the pay coffee shop for something decent and worth the $$.

Just got off Fantasy yesterday, but in my experience, it's the exact same bad coffee on every cruise I've taken on Carnival. I did, however, discover that I liked the Cappucino in the MDR. It comes delivered to your table hot, foamy and no sweetness in it. Not milky. I can say that I had a headache on a couple of days from lack of caffeine. I tried room service, various Lido deck coffee machines and MDR coffee. It's all lukewarm and not good at all. Of the three, Room Service was the best. All you need to do is hang your room service order slip out on your doorknob the night before with the time you want it delivered. They are usually right on time or slightly early. Have your tip and robe ready for morning and use Room Service as an alarm clock. The coffee seems to be warmer and better in the early hours. You will either need to budget in the coffee shop coffee or figure out something else out for later in the day, although I never tried room service coffee other than early morning. Good luck.

OK so I can not think without my morning coffee either. Its really really bad. I have a Black and Decker Brew n' Go that I take everywhere with me. it brews 1 mug at a time... it has no hot plate and is pretty safe. Do you think I would be able to "sneak" it on the ship? I would only plug it in to actually make the mug then unplug it. Please don't yell at me. A simple yes or no will be fine. :rolleyes:

OK so I can not think without my morning coffee either. Its really really bad. I have a Black and Decker Brew n' Go that I take everywhere with me. it brews 1 mug at a time... it has no hot plate and is pretty safe. Do you think I would be able to "sneak" it on the ship? I would only plug it in to actually make the mug then unplug it. Please don't yell at me. A simple yes or no will be fine. :rolleyes:

I thought about that too a long time ago, but have gotten way over that as the years go by. Truthfully I wouldn't waste my precious packing space on it.

I know they are really cracking down on people bringing appliances from home,and have heard lots of things about things getting confiscated at boarding, the coffee is not inedible, it's just not the best you've ever had.

If you don't mind losing the coffeemaker (when they confiscate stuff it's GONE) then you could try it, but really, just suck it up and use creamer, it's not like it's rotgut or anything.

Cheers, Carole

Archived