The New York Helmsley or The Holiday Inn Midtown?

libertyschool

I'm cruising out of Manhattan next spring. We are driving from Ontario, Canada to Poughkeepsie and taking the Metro North train to Grand Central. I am debating between these two hotels for our pre-cruise stay. I can book either of these hotels with reward miles for free. I just can't decide if I want to be close to Grand Central or close to the port. I'd love to hear your opinions, and if anyone has stayed in either of these two hotels I'd love your feedback as well.

Thanks!

Are you planning to sight-see? Because the Grand Central location gives you more options with subway transportation, plus it is a "reasonable" walking distance to Times Square/Broadway, Empire State Bldg, Bryant Park

I'm cruising out of Manhattan next spring. We are driving from Ontario, Canada to Poughkeepsie and taking the Metro North train to Grand Central. I am debating between these two hotels for our pre-cruise stay. I can book either of these hotels with reward miles for free. I just can't decide if I want to be close to Grand Central or close to the port. I'd love to hear your opinions, and if anyone has stayed in either of these two hotels I'd love your feedback as well.

Thanks!

Archived