Honeymoon/Aqua Class Report on the Equinox Oct 31 Eastern Med. Cruise - with pictures

kat228

Kat

Thanks for the review and great pictures. We are booked in cabin 1606 for a T/A. The food in Blu looks very good. Do you have any pictures of the Blu menus? I would also be interested in the noise level, since the pool deck in right above cabin 1606.

Thanks again for the review and hope you have many great years of marriage and many more cruises.

Congratulations to you and I wish you and your husband a lifetime of happiness and cruises!! :)

Thank you so much for posting your wonderful pictures! I can't wait to sail this itinerary some day. But what I really appreciate are your pictures of the food in Blu. We will be sailing in AQ on our next three cruises just because of the great reviews we've read about Blu. Looks like we will not be disappointed.

Thank you! Thank you!

We are going to be in cabin 1610, two doors down from your. How was the noise level? Did you like the bed being close to the bathroom? thanks for the help. Great review!

Richard

I enjoyed having the bed close to the bathroom, to me it made the cabin feel larger. I also enjoyed sitting on the couch and looking out on the days where it was a little chilly on the balcony :)

I didn't really find the noise level bad. More than anything I heard the cabin next to us closing their door, but I would imagine you would hear that in any cabin. I'm a fairly light sleeper but I was easily able to sleep in without hearing any noise from above.

Kat

Thanks for the review and great pictures. We are booked in cabin 1606 for a T/A. The food in Blu looks very good. Do you have any pictures of the Blu menus? I would also be interested in the noise level, since the pool deck in right above cabin 1606.

Thanks again for the review and hope you have many great years of marriage and many more cruises.

Someone else posted these menus, they were all accurate for our cruise, hope it helps! https://docs.google.com/?tab=mo&authuser=0&pli=1#folders/0B5BK-JzLUuM2YzIzOWI0OWYtZWE5Ny00NWRiLTg2NTctNGRiMDllNzNkZDMx

It was a pleasure to read your review on this snowy morning in the UK. The pictures make such a difference to a review. I can see what all the fuss is about Blu now, though I really enjoyed the MDR on Equinox.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post.

I agree with your new husband (warmest congratulations :D) about cold soups - somehow it just isn't right; soups are meant to be warming.

• 2 months later...

Hi Kat228,

First off CONGRATULATIONS on your Marriage... lol, you survived the Honeymoon, so that is a great sign.

A couple that can travel together I've always said, can tackle just about anything else life is going to throw at them !!

I've read your Review more than once now... and it really is great

And the photos (especially the food ones) superb... lol, truth be known that is what brought me back the second time.

This time thru, I read your other posting about Delta Airlines... what a mess !!

I can totally relate to the weather issue, as we aren't that far from you here across the Border... and we have vowed that if we need to be somewhere on a specific date and time from mid-October to late April... that we'll take no chances and fly in a day or two ahead. A lot less stressful !!

Now I am wondering if you could do me a favour...

You have a GREAT photo of the Closet / Cupboard interior on the Equinox (Post # 2) that clearly shows the pull-down extra hanging rod that can be found within.

Would you be so kind as to post that pic in the *CELEBRITY SOLSTICE STORAGE (S-Class Ships)* topic = http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1560620

With a wee blurb that it is a pic from the Equinox, and that it does show that extra hanging bar.

And any other things you can recall about said closet (did have a top shelf, or cubbies down one side ?... Example of both which you can find in other photos in that topic)

Your excellent photos, would be greatly appreciated... would go a long way to helping out other travellers looking at sailing with Celebrity on a S-Class Ship.

Cheers!

PS... I'll be back again to read / admire your Review next time I need a pick me up... or wanting to drool over some great foodie shots.

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations...Hope you have a Happy & Healthy Life together with many great cruises & experiences!

Loved your review-- we did this itin on Solstice & enjoyed seeing the pics of all the great ports...

We also have enjoyed BLU of Equinox--I take food pics & enjoyed yours very much... food in BLU is delicious & made to order...!

Thanks again for sharing...

• 1 year later...

Hi Kat228,

Congrats on your wedding!

Thank you for posting all of your photos! I'm sailing around that same time (AquaClass on the Reflection, Eastern Med.) and so these have given me some idea of what to expect weather wise. Also, I really appreciate getting a look at the bathrooms and the food! :)

Cheers!

• 4 years later...