barcelona hotel

christopher2730

Did you read the reviews on Tripadvisor? Never stayed there, but it seems like an average hotel. The really negative reviews I read really aren't about anything of subtance. Complaints such as "During check-out the man at the front desk didn't even ask the typical questions (such as 'how was your stay?'...etc.)" are quite silly, do not hold much weight with me.

Most people say it's clean and in a good location.

• 2 weeks later...

Cancel! Just stayed there. Friday night there is a nightclub for young adults downstairs. Noise was defining up to top floor till 5:30 in am.

Breakfast food bar was cold! Asked to be moved and desk personnel could have cared less! Wrote on a comment email they asked for and told them I felt compensation was required and they offered upgrade next time. Not I this lifetime!

Cancel! Just stayed there. Friday night there is a nightclub for young adults downstairs. Noise was defining up to top floor till 5:30 in am.

Breakfast food bar was cold! Asked to be moved and desk personnel could have cared less! Wrote on a comment email they asked for and told them I felt compensation was required and they offered upgrade next time. Not I this lifetime!

I agree....I think you can do better ;)

We stayed in this hotel back in January for two nights before our cruise. The first room had no heat at all and it was cold! The maintenance person finally came after quite a wait and he could not get it to work. Finally, after another wait, we were moved down the hall to another room of the same size, but very poor upkeep...torn carpet, etc. It was clean and warm, though.

We found the breakfast buffet to be excellent. The small restaurant attached to the attached theater had a great salad and fabulous wine.

The location was okay. Close to the subway and only 3 stops from Catalunya Plaza.

Post-cruise we stayed in the Barcelona Universal which was across the street from the Tryp Apolo and much nicer and newer.

Archived